Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a name for mine...and usually when I christen my car, I wait until I'm inspired...which I have not been yet.

So, here's my question...what did you name your machine, and why?

My gf came up with a fitting name, Morimoto...as in Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto...because, well, I am an amateur chef, and we watch lots of Food Network...and because my bike is almost solid black and is pretty much just awesome IMHO (like the Iron Chef)...HOWEVER, I am having a hard time accepting that I would be riding a bike named after a DUDE.

So...that said...still waiting to be inspired...

My Lexus was Lucille, Mini Cooper - Carmen, BMW - Christine (she was ruthless!), and so on....

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
...after the ride home, I immediately knew I was naming my bike "Redemption". Gives me the option of calling her "Red" for short, and has implications into a long list of reasons... :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Eljay. It's for the letters L and J meaning "Long Journey".

·
Registered
113 Posts
All that is complicated. I just call mine, "bike". Though it does not answer as well as my dog. Sorry no picture yet. I got into an almost, "sell it" mood this afternoon. It is warning off a little. Bike - 1911 EN500 with 14000. Jmak

·
Registered
37 Posts
I live in the Army barracks and we aren't allowed pets. Oh well, I take that back...You can have a 10gal fish tank if you so please. If I can't have a damn pet, I'll have my damn motorcycle. So that is why I named mine...Can't speak for everyone else!

I named mine Candy for two reasons, her candy apple red paint and her being sweet as candy. haha Girly I know, but oh well.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Nothing "girly" about Candy (though a really sweet ride I must say).

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Veronica; just always thought it was a sexy name...always sounds good to say "I was out riding Veronica."

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine has become known as tink with everyone who knows me... NEVER ask a woman if she is riding a husbands bike! hahahaha she WILL make it as girlie as she can short of painting it hot pink. :)

today someone named my GPS peter pan cause it is a male voice with an english accent!!!! hahaha

Tink and I have flit'ed all over the state of georgia! we did 750 miles between yesterday and today!

And since she is pretty much my therapist... she needs a name!

my girl and I 250 miles into our 350 mile day today.. she and I have logged some serious flight time! hahahaha

·
Registered
181 Posts
When I first saw my 2004 1500 Classic my thoughts instantly went to my father. I sat on it and it fit perfectly; just like the Fat Boy my dad last sat on. So I had to buy it and had to name it "Raymond" after him. Instant therapy every time I ride and great memories of my dad on each ride!
Bernie

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have never figured out why someone would name a inanimate object. Are you just passionate with/about it?
No flame now, I'm really just curious, so don't freak out!
Well...call me crazy, but I do believe that even inanimate objects, especially those with moving parts, can have a personality of their own. It may go by another name...call them quirks, or ticks unique to that machine. Isn't that how it goes...? No two bikes, cars, trucks etc ever drive or ride the same?

With that in mind, it only seems logical to establish a bond if you will, with your machine. Now I realize, that it's probably in my head, but if my mind tells me that we're bonded, then maybe we are, and she won't give me too many problems down the line. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
HAHAHA chris dont be to sure about the problem part!! I had a fight with tink in the drive way this morning! She didnt want to go to work and i had to make her! hahaha

hell she is my riding partner... she needs a name! :)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
WAAAAAY better than the pet rock idea, IMO. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HAHAHA chris dont be to sure about the problem part!! I had a fight with tink in the drive way this morning! She didnt want to go to work and i had to make her! hahaha

hell she is my riding partner... she needs a name! :)
One can hope! And that's a much simpler argument for a name!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well apparently Tink knew what she was doing this morning!

I got clocked in the chin by a spring bar in a truck this morning... nice mark... then almost got creamed pulling into work after lunch, lady looked left (i was coming from the right up the row) and just pulled out... locked it down and was glad i wasnt going fast... she had the gall to try yelling at me... OH HELL NO! told her right fast how it was and that she needed to lose her license if she is that unaware of things around her. THEN... had a truck driver drop a window against my back... NICE 9 inch scratch from that one! and if that didnt cap the perfect hell day.... bent over and my bra popped undone... I am home now and NOT LEAVING! hahahaha

I will be listening to my girl the next time she wants to stay home! hahahaha

·
Registered
538 Posts
Well apparently Tink knew what she was doing this morning!

I got clocked in the chin by a spring bar in a truck this morning... nice mark... then almost got creamed pulling into work after lunch, lady looked left (i was coming from the right up the row) and just pulled out... locked it down and was glad i wasnt going fast... she had the gall to try yelling at me... OH HELL NO! told her right fast how it was and that she needed to lose her license if she is that unaware of things around her. THEN... had a truck driver drop a window against my back... NICE 9 inch scratch from that one! and if that didnt cap the perfect hell day.... bent over and my bra popped undone... I am home now and NOT LEAVING! hahahaha

I will be listening to my girl the next time she wants to stay home! hahahaha
You should'a called in sick that day!!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts