Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
5,341 - 5,360 of 5,362 Posts
I dropped my bike in the driveway. It was pouring, idling downhill in the dark and it was like a slippery dip. Bad metallic noises - floorboard stopped it toppling over. Every bike should have floorboards - only thing that got scratched.
Floorboards and engine guards - no bike should be without them.

Yesterday I gave my gal a good bath. Took her outside and hosed her down and washed her up proper. Even cleaned behind her ears and between her toes.
I gotta do that at least 3 or 4 times a year. At other times I give her a quick wipe down in the garage.

Replaced factory speakers on my Voyager with Polk Audio DB521s. Old speakers are up for grabs in the pay it forward section.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Headlamp Auto part Automotive lighting

Reactions: NCPiper
Hi rajputaman. Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Glad you decided to join us. Post us a pic or two of your ride when you get a chance. Snow and ice on the roads. Isn’t that unusual for the Northern Plains area? Be well and Ride Safely.

...I almost sold mine. Caught up in the moment I guess. She's a 1999 800 Classic I've owned for 5 years now. All of 36k km's on it. I split my time with my other bike (1800 Goldwing) two up with the wife. She enjoys the 'wing due to it's size, range, comfort and some larger degree of safety over the Vulcan. I use the Vulcan for riding to work, solo putts around town and highway jaunts. I hadn't had the Vulcan out once this year due to a major operation at the start of the summer. She suggested we pare down to 1 motorcycle. Made sense at the time. I didn't advertise but word of mouth got around that I had a motorcycle I was thinking of selling. I had it out for a short burn for fresh gas, a dusting off, and to be sure all was working as it should. That was Saturday morning. A guy came over Saturday afternoon. I texted him Saturday night saying I decided to keep it and apologized if I had wasted his time. He didn't reply. I understand, don't think I would have either. I love the 'wing, but man that Vulcan is a motorcycle that really grows on you. I will not entertain such silly thoughts again.

Attachments

When you buy a used bike, one of the fun/sometimes aggravating things is "making it yours". Cleaning, modding etc. Now the aggravating part is when you dig in look under the bike, especially the seat and see someone, such as the previous owner, has decided to run through some mud holes.

So today im tackling taking seat off, battery out, ecm out and cleaning the wiring harness and unplugging all the connectors, (to one i'm glad i did this, green crusties all in one of them) and making sure all is good in there so i won't have any unexpected surprises in there when i go for some rides, soon in the future.

When you buy a used bike, one of the fun/sometimes aggravating things is "making it yours". Cleaning, modding etc. Now the aggravating part is when you dig in look under the bike, especially the seat and see someone, such as the previous owner, has decided to run through some mud holes.

So today im tackling taking seat off, battery out, ecm out and cleaning the wiring harness and unplugging all the connectors, (to one i'm glad i did this, green crusties all in one of them) and making sure all is good in there so i won't have any unexpected surprises in there when i go for some rides, soon in the future.
Good work checking the connections, hopefully you are putting dialectic grease in.

I replaced the broken headlight bracket on my Vaquero. I couldn't understand what stress there was on this piece of steel that would cause it break. Once I got it off the bike I saw that it had been missing a bolt, apparently since day one. Seems that was the problem. You can barely see a bolt head in this pic. The missing bolt was opposite this one.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Watch Tread

Been a while since I've been on the forums, but thought I'd post up. Just installed the Steel Mate TPMS on my Voyager. Installed with no issues and linked up right off the bat. Pic is data from last ride. Front was set to 32 psi and rear to 40psi. I might adjust that to 36psi F and 42 R. Temps rose 5deg max during my 2h, 2UP ride. Ambient temp was around 88deg.

Attachments

Reactions: SteveJB
Been a while since I've been on the forums, but thought I'd post up. Just installed the Steel Mate TPMS on my Voyager. Installed with no issues and linked up right off the bat. Pic is data from last ride. Front was set to 32 psi and rear to 40psi. I might adjust that to 36psi F and 42 R. Temps rose 5deg max during my 2h, 2UP ride. Ambient temp was around 88deg.
Very Cool!!! :cool:

5,341 - 5,360 of 5,362 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.