Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

5161 - 5173 of 5173 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Debadged the whole bike but, my gosh that adhesive is a bear to get off! I tried everything I had and nothing made much of a dent. I suppose most of my day tomorrow will be spent removing adhesive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Well I have done ,I change the fork oil,It was really dirty I use 20 w synthetic fork oil , change the bearing to all balls bearings it was no hard at all and installed garry's fork brace it was easy to install and the rubber boots it does change the look.I have not have the time to try it and it is very cool out side, I do not do well on cold days,I did install a air compressor for the rear chocks with a pressure switch to keep air to 35 psi and a pressure relist valve to be sure it will not go over 45 psi. the pressure changes as you move or load the bike and it works great, before I needed to keep checking the chocks pressure now it does it automatically and I can keep an eye on it just by looking at the Gage, I installed head light and fog halo angel lights, installed cobra oval exhaust, custom painted my fuel tank and insulated it from the bottom, installed power commander V,bleed the front breaks, put the lines on the wrong side of the garry' fork brace so I have to disconnect the lines to re-route them good thing do the brake fluid need changing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Debadged the whole bike, polished the chrome and paint, put the clutch and front brake levers on position 1 instead of position 5. Now the clutch is easier to handle! Changed the engine oil and the final drive oil.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Hunted thruough 15 computer mother boards insearch of a hundred ohm resistor to repair ignition switch ended up finding one in a old microwave so tommorow resolve spark and transister issues seriously learning more working on this bike about electrical than any other vehichal or machinery i have ever worked on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Took the brake drum panel out in an attempt to suss out the source of the brake pedal not springing back up when released. Previously cleaned, lubed & reinstalled the brake cable... Turns out it was not a broken shoe spring as I had speculated. Back to the drawing board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Took the brake drum panel out in an attempt to suss out the source of the brake pedal not springing back up when released. Previously cleaned, lubed & reinstalled the brake cable... Turns out it was not a broken shoe spring as I had speculated. Back to the drawing board.
It's probably just the brake lever pivot shaft and hole that needs to be cleaned.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
It's probably just the brake lever pivot shaft and hole that needs to be cleaned.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Hey thanks for the input -- it's not that either, what I didn't mention was that in addition to cleaning and lubricating the cable I had lubricated, and - in the case of the pivot shaft hole you mentioned sanded a bit of light surface rust out - and lubed that. Also lubed everything in the drum that the shop manual said to, which I think was the spring ends, the cam lever flats and the rod at the opposite end that the shoes rest on.
I just got back from working on it, and I'm honestly stumped. I'm putting a post in the 500 forums soliciting help here in a sec if you have more follow up or suggestions to add, I'd love to hear them there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Put my 5.25 speakers from the front fairing to the voyager trunk. Upgraded the front fairing speakers to the 6.5’s with Engineered Adapters ring’s
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Hunted thruough 15 computer mother boards insearch of a hundred ohm resistor to repair ignition switch ended up finding one in a old microwave so tommorow resolve spark and transister issues seriously learning more working on this bike about electrical than any other vehichal or machinery i have ever worked on
Wish I would have known this, I would have sent you one. Had to replace a resistor in my daughter's car's dash for the mileage and couldn't find a single resistor to buy. I only spent $5, but I now have 99 100 Ohm resistors I'll likely never use, LOL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Did the Arm & Hammer electrolysis thing to get some rust out of the tank before snow melts. I am painting it, and don't want to bother if the tank is junk. The rust I could see when I started is looking much better after 6-7 hours on the battery charger yesterday.
 
5161 - 5173 of 5173 Posts
Top