Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

What did you do to your Vulcan today?

696K views 5K replies 1K participants last post by  rossagge 
#1 ·
I gave mine a quick washing filled up with NO ethanol fuel and took a cold fla morning ride to breakfest. Seems for a couple of years now friday morning is the coldest day of the week? Still nice just being in the wind!!

#2 ·
It's been in the mid teens temp wise here in west Texas so I simply looked longingly at 'her' as I walked past to get in the pickup. :-(

Reactions: mwlson
#3 ·
Yeah - Rub it in ;) Last week I was in SW FL and it was 80 degrees, but no bike.

Like BBill, has been in the mid teens in the morning and in the 30s most of the day. She is in the shed on the IV (battery tender). Tomorrow it might get to 40. If so, might try the new leathers - for a little while anyway.

Woody

#4 ·
well i live in SW florida so iam one of the lucky ones that get to ride year round. so i just changed my plugs, my oil and cleaned my carb..added some carb cleaner to my fuel.. and am all ready for cape coral bike night tomorrow night..its going to be in the 80;s tomorrow so there should be a big turn out..some where around 3000 or so...

#13 ·
I was "dusting" mine yesterday with an air hose and tripped over the damn hose. The nozzle left a nice round silver shiny spot in the middle of the tank. A bib won't hide it and getting it touched up will probably turn out not to good since it's in a highly visible location :eek:

#15 ·
Christmas Goodies

I added some of Santa's gifts of chrome this weekend. Chrome vulcan resevior covers, kury shift/brake/heel shift covers, chrome neck cover that had to be grinded and drilled for them to fit. Chrome rotor and caliber covers that once again had to be grinded and a spacer made to make them fit. They are sweet and thanks to Gadget and his fixit page I am now the owner of a special vn1600.:D I can't wait until the temp gets above 45 so I can get out to show it off! Let The Good Times Roll!!!

#16 ·
Haven't ridden in three weeks now. It's been mostly 20 degrees or less lately and was 5 last Tuesday but I ordered a Gps mount for my Garmin that will fit on the handlebar. On the way home from work I stopped in at New Milford Cycles and picked up a HID Headlight kit. I'm always looking for a way to get more light out in front of me at night. Spoke to a couple of fellas about getting together in June to organize a group to go to Americade for the weekend. http://www.americade.info/ Also a ride the same month to E. Dorset Vermont for a Fire dept BBQ. January and February are the worst months for riding but they're good for planning. Oh I almost forgot I also got my Iridium plugs tonight but I'm not gonna install them until the spring when I get the first tank of fresh gas through it :). Planning to get my bike down to my job where there is a heated shop area that I can give her a good scrub and get the shine back into those wheels!

#17 · (Edited)
I installed 120 red led lights under the fuel tank on my 2009 900 lt. I bought the lights from a model airplane supplier in hong kong for $25.00 shipped to my door and they were made in a strip of 60 lights each with adhesive backing. I hooked them up to come on when I turn on the key. Boy can you see me at night from the side now and those caggers don't have an excuse for not be able to see me now. The lights come from Hobbycity.com in the night flying section.

#18 ·
I installed 120 red led lights under the fuel tank on my 2009 900 lt. I bought the lights from a model airplane supplier in hong kong for $25.00 shipped to my door and they were made in a strip of 60 lights each with adhesive backing. I hooked them up to come on when I turn or the key. Boy can you see me at night from the side now and those caggers don't have an excuse for not be able to see me now. The lights come from Hobbycity.com in the night flying section.
You may want to check local laws regarding color. I've seen some other threads where many states don't allow red lights while underway, only for show.

#28 ·
Finally got around to changing that leaking fork seal, found a small burr on the fork tube so that might have been the problem, while doing the seal i noticed a bold missing on the fender so i trip the the local harware store for a new metric bolt i went. New seal installed! :)

#5,221 ·
Just finished doing the same to my '90 VN750. I think that my leak was caused by a deteriorated fork wiper. Saved myself a lot of headaches by foregoing picking the wire clip retainer on top of the tubes holding in the upper spring plug. It was much simpler to refill the fluid thru the drain port on the bottom after disassembling and cleaning with a meat syringe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.