Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the left balancer dampers.

Symptoms were noise when releasing the clutch, when start moving the bike (taka - taka), no other vibrations when cruising or at idle. So I was not 100% convinced that the issue are the balancer dampers. But after disassembly, I saw free play between balancer gear and balancer weight. With the new dampers there are not free play at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
That's great!
I'm also in a "winter time" servicing. This is my first winter in my garage with my VN800A.
I ordered a new front break disk, break pads, bought some fork oil and new fork seals, engine oil and coolant. Started changing clutch and found a free play in a clutch needle bearing:( So, in a starter clutch bearing, too :( Now I'm on waiting for new bearings from www.motorcyclespareparts.eu So, my servicing would take more time than I expected.

Oops!
Almost forgot! I'm also planning a valve adjustment too. Seems like nobody has ever done this on this bike before :(

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have reduce the travel of rear brake pedal, by lengthening the lever from the pictures.
Before, I had about 70 mm of travel and now is not more that 30 mm. Even you need, now, a little bit more force to push the brake pedal, it is working much better. Feedback coming from my wife, she is usualy riding the Vulcan 800.

It doesn't look so nice, but is not visile from outside.

BR
Marcel

Attachments

·
BOTSpring Winner 2017
77 Posts
I have my 800A on blocks. Rebuilt the front end tube bushings, seals, added fork boots, stripped and polished the lower fork tubes, dished the sides of the tank old school and rusted the dishes, painted the tins gold with satin clear, pained the dash, rear fender supports and side covers black with satin clear, tapered the rear of the seat to more of a point, waiting for some pinstripes in the mail and today replaced the huge brake light with a smaller cool cat eye light. Gonna mod the stock seat to a solo, thinking about fabricating some upswept pipes and may lower the front and rear. How do I post photos a from my iPad?

Attachments

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
There's already a big tread on this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.