Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at buying the Kuryakyn Transformer backrest. seems like simple clean and nice looking backrest.
820-311_C.jpg

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I'm not a fan of most of the Kuryakyn stuff, myself.

I've seen lots of sissy bars on the 900, and I like the Cobra the best.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I dunno. I don't "get it" I guess. To me, it's not any better looking or less intrusive folded flat than if it were "up". I think you'd be better off with a quick release model. Though, PERSONALLY, I kind like the look of a nice looking chrome sissy bar; and don't mind it on the bike all the time.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dunno. I don't "get it" I guess. To me, it's not any better looking or less intrusive folded flat than if it were "up". I think you'd be better off with a quick release model. Though, PERSONALLY, I kind like the look of a nice looking chrome sissy bar; and don't mind it on the bike all the time.
the backrest stays in place and the luggage rack lets down or stores up ought of the way.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
the backrest stays in place and the luggage rack lets down or stores up ought of the way.
Ohhhh. I thought the whole thing folded down and I thought that was just silly.

Well, I'm not crazy about the look. But if you like it, go for it! I'm kind of a "traditionalist" when it comes to motorcycles. I like chrome, tubes and squares, etc. Not really a fan of funky shapes, blacked out stuff, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
When it comes to passenger backrests, I go more for function over form. Do you have a passenger who wants a backrest? If so, get the biggest, most comfortable backrest you can. If not, why bother?

Just my opinion, mind you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does Kuryakyn even make a Transformer that fits VN900?
not sure, J&P cycles show it under Vulcan 900 parts, just have to order the fender brackets separate. not going to use it for a backrest for passengers. I want to attach my backpack with my workout clothes and shoes. guess I could just wear it but the way it converts and stows away the small luggage rack, sort of cool. having the Custom, I do not like the looks of a padded backrest on it. being 65 and little experience, will not be carrying anyone. here is a picture of my last bike that I sold around end of 1975
FullSizeRender.jpg

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Well, I'm not crazy about the look. But if you like it, go for it! I'm kind of a "traditionalist" when it comes to motorcycles. I like chrome, tubes and squares, etc. Not really a fan of funky shapes, blacked out stuff, etc.
Kuryakyn excels at "gaudy". I tend to prefer traditional, as well.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
That they do.

I like their highway pegs, but much of their stuff is "a bit much".

There's my Vaq with the highway pegs. Needs more chrome!

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Kurakyn chrome is horrible. Id have it powdered coated

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
A lot of aftermarket stuff is gaudy. Sad thing is while there is a decent amount of things available for the 900, there isn't a lot of choice between manufacturers. Cobra, Kuryakyn, Baron's or OEM.

I'm a mix of traditional and "new school" styling. I like aspects of both, but when it comes to sissy bars for the 900, to me none of them look good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts