Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some inspiration and curious to hear about everyone's innovation. What are some of your favorite mods you guys have put on your bikes? Thanks everyone!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
My favorite is Ivan's Flash and then the Russel Day Long Seat for a fact. Both are amazing and well worth the bucks you pay for them. For a Nomad I pretty well have every mod available and then some it is in my nature.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Last night I finished installing a relayed auxiliary fuse line to the trunk of my Voyager, so my MP3 player or other items can remain charged while riding. I have a cigarette plug attached, but today I may remove it to install a fuse block so I can add other items besides that. My last bike was a DL1000 VStrom, and having additional 12v connections to hard-wire the gps and phone was really handy. I'm trying to get to that point with this bike as well.

If anyone is interested on how I did it, I did take pics and can post them if wanted.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
For me, it was drilling the baffles so I could hear it running, not loud by any means, and the Clarion amp with 6 3/4" Kicker speakers. In warmer weather I use a Kawasaki 12" windshield. I have the 2012 white and gold Voyager, so I recovered my seats and back rest in a white and tan vynol to coordinate with the bike. The the highway peg are a big plus on longer trips also.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For me, it was drilling the baffles so I could hear it running, not loud by any means, and the Clarion amp with 6 3/4" Kicker speakers. In warmer weather I use a Kawasaki 12" windshield. I have the 2012 white and gold Voyager, so I recovered my seats and back rest in a white and tan vynol to coordinate with the bike. The the highway peg are a big plus on longer trips also.
I drilled out the baffles on my 900 and it made a big difference. That is a nice set up man! Did you wire your GPS into your bike or do you just charge and mount it?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I don't think that's a GPS. It's an EJK / Bully fuel controller.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Peg is correct, it my fuel controller. I have a TomTom Rider on the bike also, that is the mount for it just to the right of the Gman/Bully. I have the hot wire foe it tapped into the right front parking light wire, that way it comes on with the key. Its not on the mount in this picture.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Last night I finished installing a relayed auxiliary fuse line to the trunk of my Voyager, so my MP3 player or other items can remain charged while riding. I have a cigarette plug attached, but today I may remove it to install a fuse block so I can add other items besides that. My last bike was a DL1000 VStrom, and having additional 12v connections to hard-wire the gps and phone was really handy. I'm trying to get to that point with this bike as well.

If anyone is interested on how I did it, I did take pics and can post them if wanted.
I would be interested in seeing this.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Looking for some inspiration and curious to hear about everyone's innovation. What are some of your favorite mods you guys have put on your bikes? Thanks everyone!

I have a Nomad as well. Most of my custom mods have been lighting. Installed custom mounted LED driving lights/foot pegs on the engine guards. Red accent LEDs above the stock saddle bag reflectors and auxiliary amber LED turn signals on the brake/clutch fluid reservoirs. For audio I have Kury speakers with an MTX bluetooth audio controller custom mounted above the left grip.

My favorite custom mod though is the Goodyear tire on the back rim ;).

·
Premium Member
33 Posts

That would be great I've not done a lot of wiring and would like to have a charger port.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed a dual port 2.1amp usb charger inside my left side glove box. I dont have an iphone so I didnt need the space. I ran a wire behind the dash to the auxiliary/cigarette lighter plug wire on the other side so it is switched on and off with the ignition. Then mounted a mounting pod to the top of the box so its out of the way of the audio wires running to my MP3 Player.
Now I can charge my MP3 player, phone GPS or anything else I want to while on the move.

https://powerwerx.com/panel-mount-dual-usb-device-charger-high-output
https://powerwerx.com/one-hole-panel-mounting-pod

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I was trying to think how I would determine which mods are my favorite as they're all fun. So, I imagined that if was forced to put the bike back as stock as possible, which items would I remove last. That said, my favorite mods, in order of their "fun" impact are and listed with the items I would remove LAST at top are as follows:

• Russell Daylong seat
  • Garmin set-up (Zumo GPS with TPMS sensors & Virb camera controlled at the GPS.
  • Kawi iPod connector with CoolStream Duo Bluetooth Adapter & a Ram phone holder.
  • Ivan re-flash & Vance & Hines Twin Slash (these two install or remove together).
  • Cee Bailey 15" shield with vent (light gray).
  • Kuryakyn ISO grips
  • Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake
  • Nomad passenger back-rest set-up with luggage rack

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was trying to think how I would determine which mods are my favorite as they're all fun. So, I imagined that if was forced to put the bike back as stock as possible, which items would I remove last. That said, my favorite mods, in order of their "fun" impact are and listed with the items I would remove LAST at top are as follows:

• Russell Daylong seat
  • Garmin set-up (Zumo GPS with TPMS sensors & Virb camera controlled at the GPS.
  • Kawi iPod connector with CoolStream Duo Bluetooth Adapter & a Ram phone holder.
  • Ivan re-flash & Vance & Hines Twin Slash (these two install or remove together).
  • Cee Bailey 15" shield with vent (light gray).
  • Kuryakyn ISO grips
  • Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake
  • Nomad passenger back-rest set-up with luggage rack
I read so much about the Ivan performance mods. What is an "Ivan Flash"? And forgive the ignorance, new to the forum!

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I read so much about the Ivan performance mods. What is an "Ivan Flash"? And forgive the ignorance, new to the forum!l
You'd do better reading details in the separate threads on the topic, but in summary: Ivan takes your bike's fuel system controller and changes (re-flashes) the internal settings to improve the bike's performance and to remove a backfire on deceleration that is so very common on stock 1700s. It also eliminates the need to add any type of add-on fuel system controller (such as a Power Commander or EJK).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You'd do better reading details in the separate threads on the topic, but in summary: Ivan takes your bike's fuel system controller and changes (re-flashes) the internal settings to improve the bike's performance and to remove a backfire on deceleration that is so very common on stock 1700s. It also eliminates the need to add any type of add-on fuel system controller (such as a Power Commander or EJK).
Thanks for the response. Finished reading some info on it as well. Was it well worth the money for you?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I FINALLY found the link I was looking for for what looks like the perfect accessory fuse block that I want to get... PC-8 Because I am having trouble getting the positive battery bolt to catch the nut with all the added on crimp connectors on my Voyager

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the response. Finished reading some info on it as well. Was it well worth the money for you?

I don't recall reading any negatives regarding Ivan's flash other than some people experiencing the RPMs jumping around a bit while the bike warms up. Mine do, but settle down very quickly. This flash does wonders for the bike, you won't think it's the same bike. The flash with a BAK and decent exhaust will wake the bike up...more power, more torque, less vibration, smoother throttle...it's awesome.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts