Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps I am not looking hard enough but I haven't been able to find any posts or attachment points under the rear fender on my 2013 900 Classic. If there aren't any, what all are you using go attach gear.

No, I don't want to hear about saddlebags, luggage racks, etc. I am looking for a solution to attach a soft pack that uses bungee cords. Eventually I will be getting some hard bags but need to make do with what I have now. Thanks, in advance.:)

·
Registered
643 Posts
I use a small cargo net. I went to pest smart and bought a roll of silicone tubing (used for fish tank pump hose) slide the tube over the cargo net bungee J hooks. The soft silicone is a lot easier on the paint than the plastic coated J hook. I don't use this often for fear of maring the fender paint.

I have thought about purchasing some longer bolts that hold on the chrome side steps on the rear fender with some kind of spacer in order to have a post to attach a bungee cord to. Have not tried this yet just an idea, but this would provide 2 contact points on each side.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi AZG

I have a 1700 Classic without sissy bar. I put a "Hooker" under the passenger seat. Three nice big "D" rings on each side to attach my dry bag. I ride solo so attaching the bag to the pax seat isn't a problem.

WEG

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have a sissy bar and at the connections where it bolts to the bike there is a space there for each bolt. four nice hooking spots.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all of the replies and assistance. You all are a great resource. :)

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a 2008 Custom. I have my bungee hooks between the struts and strut covers. My strut covers, however, are not the stock ones. I use the ones from the Paladin quick-release back rest.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A simple short term(?) solution

I was installing cables for a battery maintainer and decided to see what was under the fender support covers, since I was in that area putsing around. It turns out that the bolts attaching the covers have a spacer that allows for a nice attachment point for a bungee hook. Go figure....:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts