Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Check the owners manual, I think they are an accessory power source. White/blue positive, Black/Yellow negative. (at least on my 09) I was going to hook up my battery tender and there is no room on top of the battery, I was thinking of using these instead.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Those are, indeed, accessory power leads. They are unswitched, meaning they are always "hot." I used the ones under the seat to hook up my CB radio. I just have to remember to turn the radio off when I get off the bike. On my wife's bike, I hooked up an aux. source for her IPod using the leads in the headlight housing. On both of ours, I hooked up the heated jacket controls direct to the battery itself so avoid frying any wires.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Not only are they fused, but they're voltage regulated. If you try to use your battery tender there, you'll be feeding power the wrong way to the regulator. I don't know what that would do, but it can't be good.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I use mine for aux port for my Droid/GPS. I need to get switch so I don't have to undo wires at stops.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts