Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I think I'm gonna stick with a classic touring type set up and need saddlebags to round out the deal. I have a backrest, Memphis fats shield, and homemade lowers already. So now I need a highway bar and bags. I think I've got the bar figured out but not the bags. What do you guys think would look best on a 2012 classic se?

I can't post pics of the bike right now but I will when I get back to the hotel.

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just put the Mutazu RS hard saddlebags on my classic. Had to do some mods to the mounts and reinforce them but I really like them.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Either the RS or HL Mutazu bags, IMO. But then again I'm a little biased.

There's a couple of the HL bags on mine. I like them, much, MUCH sturdier than I expected for the price. Only beef is I need to find a way to make them water tight. Also, if you ride in colder weather, I've found that water gets in where the lock latches inside the lid (so, not the lock itself, but the place where the metal tang latches to the wall of the bag to lock it, which is actually seperated from the rest of the bag by a shroud- which is really really handy because the contents of your bag won't impede the lock), and it then freezes, making unlocking the bag impossible until it warms up a bit. Waterproofing the bags itself will be easy (just have to get around to it) I don't know how or if I'll be able to seal up the lock mechanism without any issues.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I have a set of almost new leather bags I just took off my V2K and replaced with Corbin Beetle Bags. Let me know if your interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts