Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how much EN500s are selling for in your areas? I bought 2009 two yearsvago for $3000. I have always figured that I would be able to sell it for $2500 when I got done with it, as long as I didnt drop it (6000 miles, never dropped, runs well). However, there has been a 2007 on local CL that is in as good condition and has a windsheild and backrest that has not been selling for $2200. I checked Zkelly Blue Zbook, which shows $1875 trade in and $2725 retail. NADA shows between $2350 And $3090. What are they going for in your areas?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I just traded my 2009 500, with 33,000 miles in on a 2006 1600 Nomad and got $1995 trade in.

·
Registered
82 Posts
just bought an '09 500 for $3000 with 7000 miles

·
Registered
620 Posts
Mine is a 1996, and in good condition (not VG or excellent). I paid $1500, well above blue book, but I didn't check that out before buying.

Two comments about blue books and also about Craigslist:
1. Blue book is for dealer retail of excellent condition bikes. I rarely have seen "private sale" suggested prices, but have seen them now and then..

2. It is very common in my neck of the woods to see advertisers on Craigslist set their prices according to what others in the area are asking for their similar bikes. Asking and selling prices can vary widely.

I am surprised your bike is not likely to fetch more.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Try Toronto. Bike prices are nuts up here. I bought mine for $3300, 15000 miles, 2002. That was a deal. I'm sure I could flip it right now and come out ahead.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think I paid $2800 for my 2009 a year ago from CL, and I've put another thousand into OEM parts and genuine accessories. Under 10,000 miles then.
They're easily worth it IF you find somebody in your area that knows what it is and wants one. There is so much activity on a board like this that it can fool you into thinking that most people know the stuff we know, but it ain't so. In my area nobody ever heard of a Vulcan 500. I got the only one within 500 miles I've ever seen. I have it listed for sale here, but never had a nibble. That's okay, I don't really want to sell it. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I paid 2500 for mine, dealership cost... but I'm super jealous of the one I found for my Dad just a month later. 2002 with only 3k on the clock. $1500. 2 owner and in great condition. We trailered it back to my parents place on Friday, took a short ride on Saturday and he got the plate for it yesterday (Monday). Glad he's back on 2 wheels after almost 30 being off of them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought a 2007 and has 7.5k miles on it. Originally was asking a little over 2k. had a dent in the tank and needs new front fork seals. I paid $1,100 for it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just bought one!

Tuesday afternoon, '09 500, beautiful condition with vulcan windshield, panniers, and battery charger, Craigslist Vancouver $3000.00
Couldn't pass it up, too nice! 8400 kms!

·
Registered
440 Posts
they are often hard to find around here (OKC) so I overpaid for mine.

I was bound and determined to have this specific bike after doing the research and I am still happy with it after having to rebuild it twice. It was worth the $1,600 I spent.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I found a black 2008 Vulcan 500 with funny 1,200 miles in a very good condition on a local craigslist. Seller wanted $2,800 o.b.o. and we met at $2,200.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hehe I paid $950 for my 2005 with 3,300 miles on it...granted I bought it at an auto auction. :beer:

It was 30degF outside and the auction staff didn't turn the choke on. He couldn't get it started, and he kept cranking it with a little throttle until the thing was flooded. Only one other person bid against me. Might have gotten it cheaper if I was a little more auction savvy.

·
Registered
620 Posts
$2200 sounds reasonable so long as YOU are happy with the condition and price..These are fine, fine bikes.

$950 at auction sounds great. Once in awhile a bluebird flies through the window.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I peruse CL pretty regular for the 500 and I see them typically sell b/w $1800-$2500 in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area.

Some of you guys really got a good deal with your purchase.

Seems to me that CL sellers have their own notion about what their bike is worth, depending on how well they take care of it and how hurry they are to sell. Saw plenty of ads for Rebel 250s asking for $2500-$3000.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts