Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a 2011 Vaquero today. Very clean with low miles (8500). One problem though. The display on the stereo does not work (they said it's "burned out"). The radio works fine, just no display. So I went to the Dealer to price out a replacement should I decide to buy the Vaquero. HOLY CRAP!!!!!! they quoted me something like $1700 for a replacement from Kawasaki. Is there somewhere the existing one could be sent for repair? Or would I be stuck buying a factory new one?
The asking price for the bike is good, but not good enough that it's worth an additional $1700. If that is the only option I will just keep looking.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
don't pay $1700 for a replacement, surely there is something cheaper

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another option would be to adapt and aftermarket radio.
I thought of that, but I would really like the factory handlebar controls to work. I haven't been able to find an aftermarket stereo that would do that. There are several made for the HD touring models that are plug and play, but I can't find anything for the Kawasaki's.

I thought about Ebay as well, but it just seems that there ought to be somewhere that a $1700 unit could be sent to repair something as simple as a display. I mean I work on commercial 2-way radios and we replace displays in mobile/portable radios all the time. Average cost is about $30-50.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts