Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm in New Castle. I'm about an hour south of Erie, an hour north of the Burgh.

Wife and I just picked up a V2K. We are looking for other riders in our area to ride with. Day trips or planned distance trips. (Have to plan those for a baby sitter).

The weather is starting to slowly warm up, the roads are finally getting patched, its getting time to ride!

If anyone is interested in going for a ride sometime let me know!
I know there are some nice rides from here to Ohiopyle as well as some up through Volant and towards Grove City as well.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Welcome from NW Ga.. I'm from East Liverpool, Ohio and know the area fairly well. 170 from East Palestine into Calcutta is a nice ride. If you take 154 from Negley over to Rodgers then 7 south into Glenmore, or even better take Sprucevale rd into Calcutta. I go back there every summer to visit family. Do you know about the VRA rally in Athens Ohio this summer? Its from July10-12th.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from NW Ga.. I'm from East Liverpool, Ohio and know the area fairly well. 170 from East Palestine into Calcutta is a nice ride. If you take 154 from Negley over to Rodgers then 7 south into Glenmore, or even better take Sprucevale rd into Calcutta. I go back there every summer to visit family. Do you know about the VRA rally in Athens Ohio this summer? Its from July10-12th.
Thank you, didn't know about the rally! I will look it up as I would love to go

I know NW Georgia very well. considering I spent 16 years there.

I think I will try your route this Saturday even though it'll only be 35 degrees out.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
If you go the Spucevale rt into Calcutta, be cautious once you come to the stop sign, from there through the park, curves can suddenly appear, and it'll likely have sand/salt or gravel on the road from the white stuff.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you go the Spucevale rt into Calcutta, be cautious once you come to the stop sign, from there through the park, curves can suddenly appear, and it'll likely have sand/salt or gravel on the road from the white stuff.
ugh.. Well I may not be riding for another week. Damn weather turned for the worst. Snow falling right now :mad: unless it does the Northeast crazy weather change pattern by tomorrow, looks like I may be making vroom sounds with my lips while I wax the beast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts