1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
711 Posts
Good old news. Several threads that include this web site on them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yup...the VN can hold it's own in the 900 and under crowd, and it's a great buy for the $$.
I looked HARD at a couple of the other bikes in this shoot-out before I pulled the trigger on my LT - after something like 3 months of research.
I have not been dissapointed...:cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
But those numbers are misleading the V Star 950 which has less HP and Torque than my Vulcan is quite a bit faster. And rides quite a bit peppier to me. But I still like the Vulcan better.

·
Registered
451 Posts
It's always nice to have one's choice affirmed by the experts. Also, it seems there are a few out there with 40K+ trouble-free miles on their 900's, so they go the distance, too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
But those numbers are misleading the V Star 950 which has less HP and Torque than my Vulcan is quite a bit faster. And rides quite a bit peppier to me. But I still like the Vulcan better.
seat of the pants feel is just that., Numbers don't lie. I know they did not run them down the strip. I have dragged a bunch of different vehicle and some felt faster than others. The time slips was the real truth.

·
Registered
36 Posts
seat of the pants feel is just that., Numbers don't lie. I know they did not run them down the strip. I have dragged a bunch of different vehicle and some felt faster than others. The time slips was the real truth.
If anyone wants to a Vulcan 900 Run a 15.13 @ 85mph
here's the link. If it doesn't work go to you tube and search Vulcan vs Ninja

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'd be careful putting my pinks on the line against a V*950...
http://www.cycleworld.com/motorcycle_roadtest/comparison_tests_articles/10q3/kawasaki_vulcan_900_classic_vs._star_v_star_950_-_comparison_test/kawasaki_vulcan_900_classic_-_star_v_star_950_specifications_page_2

Although I don't do the light-to-light thing anymore (outgrew it) I have a feeling that the V* in the comparo had a bad dyno day, just like the VN may have had a bad day in the comparo I've linked above. I've seen Dynamometers lie worse than golfers!
The V*'s I've been around seem to be a bit spunkier in the streets.
Yes...you need 1320' of asphalt and a white line to REALLY tell the tale, but I'm just sayin...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts