Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a story i thought was pretty funny. Not to rub it in but i went on a ride last saturday with my brother in-law, only around 38 degrees. He rides a harley heritage so he wanted to go to the dealer and pick up a few things,about 80 miles.When we got there it was packed with alot of harley riders having a BBQ.When we came out of the dealer there were a lot of people standing by our bikes. My brother in-law said look their checking out my bike,Nope they were checking out the ol'9. I had to laugh, they all complimented me on the bike and the sound. I have completly debaffled the bike. To all my northern buddies hope it warms up soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There ain't gonna be no ridin in my neck of the woods for a couple of months. 30" of snow on the ground with 6 more coming and high winds! WOO HOO!! GRRRRR...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Nice story, but also very, very likely. I really believe that the Vulcans are the best looking metric cruisers around... but then I could be biased!!!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Nice story, but also very, very likely. I really believe that the Vulcans are the best looking metric cruisers around... but then I could be biased!!!
+1. I ride to work every chance I get, and park in between a couple of sport bikes, 2 big touring machines, and 4 or 5 Harleys. I've VERY used to hearing, "Man, I *still* love your bike!"

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just a story i thought was pretty funny. Not to rub it in but i went on a ride last saturday with my brother in-law, only around 38 degrees. He rides a harley heritage so he wanted to go to the dealer and pick up a few things,about 80 miles.When we got there it was packed with alot of harley riders having a BBQ.When we came out of the dealer there were a lot of people standing by our bikes. My brother in-law said look their checking out my bike,Nope they were checking out the ol'9. I had to laugh, they all complimented me on the bike and the sound. I have completly debaffled the bike. To all my northern buddies hope it warms up soon.
Hi Ride4fun-did you have to make any changes with the fuel ratio when you debaffled the OEM exhaust?If not,did you find that it affected the bikes performance in any way

Thanks Roger

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Rog Rides Again,
I did not make any changes to the fuel or air mixture. Have not seen any effects of doing so and the peformance is about the same. Just louder and i love it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Rode today.......still warming up at home brrrrr.
But amazing for Toronto.....never thought I could get the bike out in January!!
There is hope for us in NewBrunswick then.It was around +1 celsius one day last week but still to cold to ride..How warm was it in T.O. today?

Roger

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great riding here - 75 degrees and bikes everywhere. Gotta luv Southern California!

VROC #31500
2009 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Color-Red/Titanium
Debadged

·
Registered
137 Posts
I rode yesterday, even with a little snow on the ground. Will ride the 30+ miles to work all this week. It is 28 right now...key thing is to dress for the cold. Wear layers...and have good gloves. Last friday, it was snowing (but not sticking) for 1/2 the way home...The road was basically dry. Some people see me and have a funny look on their faces...but anyone can ride when it is 90 degrees out...it takes a biker to ride otherwise....:)

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Still to much snow and salt on the ground here, snowed a little yesterday, so i drove my 4 wheeler to Port Dover after installing my mustang seat and backrest.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts