Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the trigger,went and bought the 2010 nomad 1700,picking it up Tuesday or wed,hd dealer wanted it off the floor,called me and dropped price 200 and had him throw in hwy pegs,think I got a pretty good deal,7550plus tax,will post pics next week,think spring,woohoo

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,been looking for awhile,has nice grips and a fairing,rest is stock,Hoping I love it,love my 900 ,anything I should be aware of?

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Hi Revrider,
Congrats on your new ride. Me thinks you'll be grinning ear to ear aboard your new Nomad.
Safe Ride,
Dubi Loo

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
There is a lot you should be aware of, but you should have asked this question before making a deal. ;) now you get to find out for yourself.

I had an '09 that I bought in '11 for $8100. It only had 1700 miles on it. Sold it in the spring of '12 for $10500. I did not like the beach bars, the Speedo on the tank, the wind buffeting, or the weak front end. She sure was a looker though, and would have people standing around admiring her everywhere I stopped.

I thought it would be a great summer partner to the Voyager, but it just isn't the same.

Of course if you loved your 900 you will probably love everything but the weight and width of the Nomad.

Don't mind me, I think the time change has made me moody.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
accessories

Revrider you will love it. Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the pics.
Hello ol' school was looking in your garage ,have the same bike . would like to know who makes the chrome covers for passenger footboards . To revrider I too think you'll love it .hope spring hurries along....QUICKLY!

·
BOTM Winner, August 2015
283 Posts
The chrome passenger floorboard covers actually came off my 900 Classic LT. When I traded for the Nomad I swapped them because the black covers on the Nomad didn't do it for me . The Kawasaki P/N for them is 14091-0229 and they list for only $7 each on Kawasaki's OEM part finder on my dealers website. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Congrats on the new-to-you Nomad. I think you will love it.

As for things to be aware of, the stuff mentioned above can be fixed.

Handlebars, if you don't like them, are not very expensive and are easily replaced. Lots to choose from out there.

The front end can be improved by replacing the OEM fork springs with some good aftermarket springs, such as those from Progressive or Sonic. Sonic will make up your springs for you based on your weight, riding style, etc.

The wind buffeting can't be eliminate entirely, but it can be reduced by picking up and installing a larger set of fork wind deflectors. The Nomad comes with a set of wind deflectors on the forks, but they're small and not all that effective. You can get a set of larger ones that are noticeably better at cutting the buffeting. Sorry, I can't remember who I got mine from when I had my Nomad. Someone on here will know though.

As for the speedo on the gas tank, well, it's a cruiser and that's where the speedo is on most cruisers.

The Nomad isn't a light bike, by any means, but it is well balanced and seems to shed a lot of its weight as soon as you let out the clutch and start rolling. Don't expect it to handle like a sport bike, but it does the twisties quite well for a cruiser.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input,that a 900 classic Strompilot?looks exactly like mine w/backrest,really like the 9 classic,just wanted something bigger,she hates the seat,I don't mind it.just gave me an excuse

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Picked up the nomad today,Could not resist to take it for a ride,first time,felt right at home.Did notice the clunk in 1st gear,doesnt bother me,900 does it,but no belt whine or very slight,bike rides like a couch,love it!!!!!!!!
Cannot figure out to download pics from phone to computer,have windows 8

1 - 13 of 13 Posts