Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before ya'll go and start holler'n bout no picture, didn't happen, I can tell you with 100% certainty, It DID in fact happen!! :dance: I just came home with my brand new 2012 Voyager ABS. Metallic Graystone / Metallic Spark Black. Since I have been up at 1600 yesterday (I work nights) I NEED a nap so Pics tomorrow.
And I need to find a way to tell the wife. That's the part I'm really scared of :freaked-out: But I must say, WOW, what a ride! It's everything I imagined and more. I was cheese'n all the way home. Thanks to all ya'll on this forum for talking so good about the bike. It really helped me not talk myself out of it. I need to read the manual now and play with the buttons and knobs while I'm sitting still. Don't want to have a boo-boo while I am riding and look down to figure out what I'm pushing on.:rolleyes:
I need to give a plug-in here for the folks at Village Motorsports here in Unionville, Va. They were AWESOME to work with. So I look forward to getting in my first service and 1000 miles so I can really open her up and cruise. We are riding down to Orlando, Fl next month to visit my dad and our oldest daughter and granddaughters. Till the next time; Ride Safe

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Congrats. Just need to get her on the back of it and she will fall in love with riding. Then everything will be ok. Unionville VA. You are almost a whole state away from me down here in the SW Corner of VA

·
Registered
26 Posts
charlie

had to take mine in for small adjustment only got 450 on had to wait a day. I couldent wait to get her back, took long ride.
You will come to mis riding even if you skip one day but enjoy youself

Cheers
Charlie

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
THATS GREAT...it's always nice to get a new ride and start a new relationship with that skoot...ENJOY!!

RACNRAY

·
Registered
636 Posts
congats

Congrats! Bought mine april 21 and she has 9000 miles on her.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. I have a left over 2010 and when I get done with one ride I can't wait for the next ride. I considered Village Motorsports but hot a killer deal on the leftover 10 at another dealer. If you are considering upgrades I suggest RACNRAY's throttle mod first. I live south of Fredericksburg in Warsaw, VA. Maybe our paths will cross, I'm in Fredericksburg from time to time. Enjoy your new ride.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you are considering upgrades I suggest RACNRAY's throttle mod first.
Congratulations on your new ride. They are sweet aren't they?

It's been a few days now.... still hiding it from the wife.. and if so, how? Won't fit under the bed.:rolleyes:

I Second that on RACNRAY's throttle mod. If you like the ride now, just wait to see how it is to ride after installing it!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
If you already own a bike, don't tell her. Maybe she won't notice. My wife can't even begin to keep up wiht my bikes.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welll, I told the wife and fibbed about the numbers just a bit :D When she saw it and I explain the differance in ride, she fell in love with it. Unfortunatley with her schedule, she hasnt been able to ride with me yet. That will have to wait untill next friday when we are both off together. However, i went on a 300 mile ride yesterday, and what a ride. I am so glad I found this bike. No regrets what so ever. It has to be the best bike ever, and I think the seat is somthing other mfgs could learn from. The Voyager is absolutley amazing....However, it is a bit of a heat maker, but I can deal with that. Oh, and in the mtns, it just wants more twisties and curves. Its like, it knows what to do :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
Old timer

Are you coming down I-95, if so, I'm ten minutes from the I-95/I-20 exchange. Let me know ahead of time and I can send cell #. Lot's of restaurants at both the Hwy 52 and the I-95 exits. Another old timer, the Gray Ghost.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you coming down I-95, if so, I'm ten minutes from the I-95/I-20 exchange. Let me know ahead of time and I can send cell #. Lot's of restaurants at both the Hwy 52 and the I-95 exits. Another old timer, the Gray Ghost.
I'll definetly keep that in mind. I really dont see much of an alternate route for getting down there in two days. On the way back, we'll be taking a more indirect route up through the mtns. We plan on taking three days back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Curious, where does the temperature gauge normally sit? I recently bought one; 2 weeks ago. The gauge sits at the second notch past the 1/2 mark; 2' o'clock position.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Since I have been up at 1600 yesterday (I work nights) I NEED a nap so Pics tomorrow.
And I need to find a way to tell the wife. That's the part I'm really scared of :freaked-out:
ot, good thing you fessed up b4 takin that nap. we wuz fixen to send her a message to peek in the g'rage and see the new gift you got her. mite a ben yor las nap.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Depends

Curious, where does the temperature gauge normally sit? I recently bought one; 2 weeks ago. The gauge sits at the second notch past the 1/2 mark; 2' o'clock position.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
It depends on ouside temp. 80 degrees mine runs just under half. When 90 degrees or higher it will run a little past half.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts