Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dragging a peg, that is. I got a little too rambunctious on a series of curves today and dragged my heel and the peg. If that doesn't make you slow down nothing will!:cool:

·
Registered
137 Posts
for those of us who have ridden the dragon, draggin a peg or floorboard is par for the course. But I must admit, the first time was an eye-opener

·
Registered
84 Posts
lol scares the crap out of me every time.......you would think i would learn to expect it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I do it all the time, some more scary than others. First time the peg folded with my foot in it, heel then hit the ground and it kicked my leg up & backward sending me sideways on the bike - big pucker that day.

·
Registered
246 Posts
What we like to do here where i live and ride is to get the peg on the deck and see if we can keep it there right through the bend

·
Registered
27 Posts
My son likes to drag the pegs while going straight, he weaves in his own lane. It also makes any tailgaters back off really fast, by the way he's doing this on a Yamaha Raider (1900cc). To be young and brave again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
yeah i know this is an older thread. but i thought some of you might get a giggle out of this. LOL

i've scraped my peg once or twice. and i may possibly scrap other stuff on occasion too. LOL

anybody ever scrape their kickstand??? no that's fun.

·
Registered
64 Posts
for those of us who have ridden the dragon, draggin a peg or floorboard is par for the course. But I must admit, the first time was an eye-opener
I just rode The Dragon (and 100+ miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway) and had the time of my life. Me, three friends and beautiful weather. How could you ask for more? I highly recommend to everyone that if you're anywhere near Western NC you must ride it and the Skyway. Of course I'm lucky - I live in North Carolina now. :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
These pegs were made for scrapping
And that's just what they'll do
One of these days these pegs are gonna
Scrape all over Eu (reka Springs)

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Ha, watch this and then think about scrapin a peg. For those of you who don't know the area, this is Deals Gap aka "The Dragon" more sportbike wrecks in this 11 mile stretch in a summer than all total wrecks at Daytona Super Bike races combined. 318 curves in 11 miles. Average normal speed through here is about 25 mph. This goldwing averages 60mph, does the run in 11 minutes Deals Gap on a goldwing
I saw a video of him chasing a Ducati 990 for a while, he tired of this and passed him, and then ran off and left the Duc. Ther's good riders, and then there's "Yellow wolf"

·
Registered
231 Posts
Way, WAY out of MY depth band, I'm afraid....:cool:

Although I was pleased to discover that my $6800 LT came with replaceable pads on the bottoms of the floorboards - something that HD chose NOT to include on their $16,400 bike....:(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts