1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a ride! (Literally, hehe!)

About 13 months ago I posted one of m very first posts on this forum; this one:

THREAD

About a month later, after hemmin' and hawin' and talking to you fine folks, it turned into this one:

THREAD

It was all uphill from there. Despite buying a bike in the fall I never did quit riding. As long as it wasn't below freezing (thus risking ice) I rode. This relationship with this ol' 900 LT has been fantastic. Put quite a few miles on her this year ('bout 15k I think, haven't looked at the odo in a while). I've put a Harley tour pak on it, and a few little things here and there like a Mustang seat and some cheapie speakers. Wife got bit by the bug as bad as me, especially once the weather warmed up. This year, about a month ago, we bought her a Honda Shadow 750 Aero. Been an incredible Journey!

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you. This forum has been fantastic in allowing me to learn more and more about these machines and discuss things with like-minded motorcycle riders. I've enjoyed spending time with all of you and look to another year and another nearly 2,000 posts I'm sure! Of course, some of you told me I should get a stinking yaris for daring ask questions about lubing a chain and admitting I'd rather not do that :D LOL, but for the most part, you all have been fantastic. You all have created an environment that allows new and experienced riders to learn and converse, and a truly unique environment that is consistently complimented by it's users and contributors. Y'all are great!

She's gone from this:

To this:

And yes, it is very much in a 'transition state'! I'm in the process of converting it into a full bagger. It will eventually have a black Reckless fairing, and black hard bags. Then, this winter or perhaps next, It's going to be painted a candy orange with metal flake. I think it's gonna turn out great! Going piece by piece but still a great bike! I have a feeling she'll stick around for quite a while...

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
What a ride! (Literally, hehe!)

About 13 months ago I posted one of m very first posts on this forum; this one:

THREAD

About a month later, after hemmin' and hawin' and talking to you fine folks, it turned into this one:

THREAD

It was all uphill from there. Despite buying a bike in the fall I never did quit riding. As long as it wasn't below freezing (thus risking ice) I rode. This relationship with this ol' 900 LT has been fantastic. Put quite a few miles on her this year ('bout 15k I think, haven't looked at the odo in a while). I've put a Harley tour pak on it, and a few little things here and there like a Mustang seat and some cheapie speakers. Wife got bit by the bug as bad as me, especially once the weather warmed up. This year, about a month ago, we bought her a Honda Shadow 750 Aero. Been an incredible Journey!

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you. This forum has been fantastic in allowing me to learn more and more about these machines and discuss things with like-minded motorcycle riders. I've enjoyed spending time with all of you and look to another year and another nearly 2,000 posts I'm sure! Of course, some of you told me I should get a stinking yaris for daring ask questions about lubing a chain and admitting I'd rather not do that :D LOL, but for the most part, you all have been fantastic. You all have created an environment that allows new and experienced riders to learn and converse, and a truly unique environment that is consistently complimented by it's users and contributors. Y'all are great!

She's gone from this:

To this:

And yes, it is very much in a 'transition state'! I'm in the process of converting it into a full bagger. It will eventually have a black Reckless fairing, and black hard bags. Then, this winter or perhaps next, It's going to be painted a candy orange with metal flake. I think it's gonna turn out great! Going piece by piece but still a great bike! I have a feeling she'll stick around for quite a while...
I have not shared any knowledge about the 9 with ya (since I don't own one) but you sure have made for some interesting and fun conversation on the other parts of the forum. Glad you have enjoyed riding like you have.

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
time flies doesnt it?

ps...we had the same license plate frame until mine broke a couple of weeks ago, now the local kerusso doesnt have them anymore :(

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
time flies doesnt it?

ps...we had the same license plate frame until mine broke a couple of weeks ago, now the local kerusso doesnt have them anymore :(
Mine is broken too. Pant legs caught it walking around the bike. Put a couple bolts on the bottom side of the license plates and it looks OK now. Got it at a bookstore in Branson, MO (about 4 hours from me).

You know, the pictures don't show the dramatic difference in bikes that there really is between the bike I bought and the bike it is now. Seat, pegs, some music and a tour pak make a whole lot of difference in terms of a comfortable fun ride!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats, Romans.
Wasn't it u who said just say orange and not candy orange ;) Any ways keep ur shiny side up.
Well a 'candy' is a translucent paint. So it was a technical term! hehehe.

Yeah yeah :p

·
Registered
140 Posts
nice! I have just put so much stuff on my new to me 9 classic... I don't feel so bad seeing posts about others who transitioned what they "had" to what they "ended" with... but probably there is no end LOL:)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Very nice, and thanks for sharing. When done with the project, it ought to look stunning.

Off topic, but, I got rid of my '06 Classic because I got the VStrom. My wife has quit riding, so we have her 9LT in the garage, and we were going to sell it. Then the other day I took a nice ride on it and by the time I got home, I wasn't so sure I wanted to sell it. I don't have any aspirations of customizing it or adding anything to it, but it sure is a nice bike, and if we can swing it, I'd love to hang on to it. She's a keeper, alright.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts