Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally went to the dark side with a altamax hp 195-65-15 tire. I had it mounted yesterday and reinstalled on my bike. I took about a 30mile ride and loved it. I've spent the last 2 seasons reading all the pros/cons and finally decided the only way to find out is to try for myself. i think i would have to say it's different. i do notice that it does grab the cracks in the road alittle more than a bike tire but i also have 45psi in the tire right now for the 500 mile break in. cornering it feels about same as the original Dunlop i had been running. hopefully this weekend i can get out for a longer ride. i will post more then.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try to send some Pic's this weekend. You're from Mi. so you know how friggin cold it is outside today!!!!!! I frooze my nuts off yesterday taking it for a test ride but I just couldn't stand to let it sit there. you know how it is.
In Mi. you gotta take a ride every chance you get because the next day there will probably be a foot of snow on the ground.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where at in Mi. are you?

·
Registered
33 Posts
D Heights. I got invited to a ride this summer downriver that benefits firefighter families that lost a family member on duty. If you participate to that let me know we can meet up ahead of time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it's the one that starts at Elizibeth Park in Trenton i will definatly be there. i wanted to go to the one last year but I had to work. My son just bought an HD shovel head and he mentioned about going. i'll keep intouch as the date gets closer. i only live about 3 miles from the park. i usually ride through every weekend when i'm out.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Can't wait to hear your reviews.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did you seal your spokes or are you running a tube in it? I'm thinking of going darkside but still have a couple thousand miles before I need a rear tire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts