Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I delivered my 900 classic along with my ninja 650 to the dealer as trades on a new fully loaded ( and I do mean loaded) 2016 Versys 650 LT abs. My time for long road trips has come to a end due to family and time constraints along with some ridiculous insurance prices regardless that I had 2 bikes and can only ride one at a time. I was a little sad to see my LT go but I am also excited to pick up my new Versys in a couple of weeks.

I still believe to 900 is one of the most versatile platforms out there but after having the bike for 8 1/2 years it was time to move on. I have still kept my trailer and a few accessories like the OEM bags and will place them in the for sale section .... these items will be available for sale to Canadian buyers only as I do not wish to get into the whole cross border / customs / shipping thing.

I will still lurk here from time to time and offer my (at times unwanted) thoughts and opinions from time to time.
I would like to thank you all for your knowledge, wisdom, banter and humor as I have enjoyed every minute that I have been on this forum ... keep the rubber on the road and the shiny side up.

Maurice

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! Hope you have a ton of fun on it. Always liked the looks of your LT and liked reading your ride reports.

Enjoy the Versys! Let's see some pics of it, man!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey Maurice,

I have a V900 Classic and a Versys 1000LT in the gee-rage. What a choice to have.

And lemme tell you, the Versys is a truly awesome motorcycle. I've never had anything as well designed and built, trouble free, powerful, goes stops and handles just amazing. The ergos are like riding a good horse.

I will never stop loving and riding my Candy Plasma Bluebird Vulcan, but the V1K is truly something else. I think you'll find the 650 the same.

It just proves Kawasaki builds all kinds of very good bikes.

The Versys forum is excellent, btw. I spend my time on the 1000 side but the 650 board is booming along.

Ride safe... ;)

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
no wait Maurice, don't leave the forum completely, keep coming back, we can all learn from each other

·
Registered
212 Posts
The Versys and Vulcan are apples and oranges, as different as night and day.

But you know what? If ol' Maurice put his Ninja and Vulcan through a mixer and into a baking pan, what would come out of the oven, all golden brown, would be a Versys. He is liable to think he has found the best of all worlds. But he will miss the V900 all the same.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Congrats, it is still a bike, and more important is a KAWI. Let it roll baby:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ain't we a bunch of open minded, tolerant folk here on this board?

I bet if you sell yr. bike and leave a HD forum, say for a Gold Wing, you probly lose your friends, have to delete your profile, change your email address, maybe move to another state to be on the safe side... :devil2:

But V900 riders don't have any insecurities about their bikes. They know it's a rock steady ride, dependable, soulful, a great thing. If your needs or tastes change, then fine, get another bike, or add one. But rare indeed does anyone say, I'm sorry I got this POS and good riddance. It's just not that kind of motorcycle. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow! For me it has always been, "when in doubt, search for Whiting." Happy for the archives. Your wisdom lives on the Internet. Thanks for all you've contributed.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Always enjoyed your contributions.
Hope you enjoy that Versys and don't be a stranger.

Ride safe
Scott

·
Registered
643 Posts
Sorry to see you go. I have enjoyed your contributions. I am sure you will enjoy your new ride, I know a couple of guys that have Suzuki models with similar specs and they love the lighter weight, most have down sized from large cruisers.

Post back after you have a little saddle time on you new bike and let us know your thoughts, power, handling, cornering, riding position comfort etc.. As an experienced vn900 cruiser rider it would be great to get you input on how you like your new ride. I have never considered a dual sport bike but not sure why, 95% of my riding is back roads and I stay off gravel roads (not cruiser freindly) a bike like your new one may be ideal for me so you thoughts would be appreciated.

WB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts