Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
It appears to run fine. It does not blink as per their instructions and smells rich on idle.
if it does not blink with the ignition on run (before firing it up) then theres a problem. when i first hooked it up and turn the key it blinked 3 times but i got an error 13 on the bikes display.. but dummy me didnt re-connect the throttle temp sensor .. now it blinks 3 times on key turn then when i start it up it stays red. so everything is good so far :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
OOOO I forgot ..My Vaquero with the POWERPRO and TRI OVALS sounds GREAT !!!!! I am done with all the upgrades on this bike ..This season im just going to enjoy riding..cant wait.. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
if it does not blink with the ignition on run (before firing it up) then theres a problem. when i first hooked it up and turn the key it blinked 3 times but i got an error 13 on the bikes display.. but dummy me didnt re-connect the throttle temp sensor .. now it blinks 3 times on key turn then when i start it up it stays red. so everything is good so far :)
Mine will constantly blink for ever with the ignition on. When started it stays on. When throttled all the way it will go off for a split second.I just wish Cobra would answer the question of what may be the issue, rather than avoid the problem. No email, no phone call, and no responding to anything on the forum. When I get this type of service in a restaurant I leave no tip. If I get this type of service in a local store I don't return to give them my money. I guess I can not give Cobra any more money. I thought for $400 I might get at least a courtesy reach around.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'll be around to answer any questions you might have, or will point you in the right direction!

Now get out and ride!
Here's a question for you. BTW I love my Tri-Ovals, but I'm one of the ones that had to bend the tail pipe to get it to fit. (There are a few of us on here had the same issue).

You guys ever come up with a cheap wood brace that would support that tail pipe and keep the weight of the muffler off it? So when the UPS guys set the box down it don't bend the tailpipe.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.