Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if this has happened to anyone. I was on the highway and got the bike up to 112 and when I let off the throttle there was and loud noise sort of like the engine was still revved up or a high pitch horn like sound. Anyway it stop after i gave it a quick rev. Nothing sounds weird and it didn't do it again and I don't see or feel anything different Anybody?

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Iif I remember 97 or 98 on mine, wind at my back 🙂 took a awhile but I was 285 # I'm 260 now. I might get to 100 now lol. I think I broke my bike 🙂

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Wish I could help but I've never gotten above 105 ( with corrected speedo). Wind noise from your helmet maybe?? If you changed positions as you let off the throttle. What performance mods do you have ? 112 is Very impressive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was definitely from the engine. I caught it on video but can't upload it. I agree 112 surprised me as well but the road was straight and the wind was going in the right direction I guess.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My thought is that it could have been high vacuum in the intake escaping and creating that sound... decelerating at that speed would create major vacuum... could have been the intake air valves... they are never completely closed...

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Planning to do a track day in September with the Goblin. and I would really hate for the sportbike riders to get hurt because they were laughing so hard

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Actually

Actually I plan to VIR with the MAD group in September:surprise:. I don't know if I will drag the Ducati Monster that I had set up for track days or Take the Goblin. Since I am just out to have fun , the Goblin seems like the best bet. I know if I take the Duc I will try muscling by in the turns like I used to:surprise: and I am getting too damn old for that:devil2:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I got 106 out of my 900 once.....only once

1 - 17 of 17 Posts