Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Weird exhaust sound

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Rdm1 
#1 ·
I put a Rush racing on my 2007 900 classic at the end of last summer. Now noticing a rattle. Wi seeing if it’s always been there but I just couldn’t hear it.

anyone know how to upload a video (video.mov) ?? not letting me add it.

Rich

#2 ·
Hi Rdm. Click on the three vertical dots next to your avatar and select FAQ. Go down to “How to Display a Video in Your Post”.
If the rattle can be created while the bike is stationary, bring the bike to the rpm that it rattles. Then take a hammer with wooden handle and push the handle against the exhaust in spots and see if there is any change in the noise.

#10 ·
Yeah, that’s what I thought. But I checked all the ring clamps that attach the heat shield to the exhaust pipe and they were tight. Also, there is only one bracket that holds the exhaust on, other than headers, and everything there was tight as well.

#12 ·
Yeah, I was wondering if it might be baffles. I suppose I could take off the heat shield and see if the noise is still there just in case there’s something loose that I’m not seeing, but the rattling does seem like it’s coming from the very end of the pipes.

I think I’m going to check the internet and make sure there are replacement baffles available before I remove them. Hate to go to all the trouble if there’s nothing a can do about it. Rush racing , the company that made the exhaust, has baffles and I think other companies may as well .

Thanks!
Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.