Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Vulcan 900 Custom
20 Posts
once i was coming home from a ride, and ended up being passed by an absolutely jaw-dropping beautiful woman on a pearl white sporty. as we pulled up to the light, i was about to pull up along side of her to say hi but...
she just stopped, and never put her feet down. she didn't even flinch, and went over with the bike. i jumped off, and picked the bike up off of her, then i went to help her up. she was super drunk. she couldn't even stand. i helped her to the side of the road, moved our bikes, and was asking her if there was someone i could call to get her home with her bike. just then, about 15 guys pulled up on bikes who were all nearly as drunk as she was. her so called "friends".
what a bunch of morons. according to them, they were all partying somewhere, decided to go somewhere else, and she lost them at a light. they were looking for her when they found us on the side of the road. her bike was fine. i hope that was the last time she did that, because if it wasn't, she must be dead now.
What I'm taking away from this is that I need better motorcycle stories.

All of mine start with 'I remember when I did something stupid' but all of yours start with 'so there I was on my motorcycle in the middle of a bunch of smokin hot chicks...'

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Bought my bike in Houston and rode it back to DFW. Left in the morning and rode up Hwy 6 (I think), went through College Station (Texas A&M) then rode into Waco. Took about three hours. My butt was killing me after three hours. Decided to spend the night in Waco and pulled into a gas station next to I-35. Pulled up to a pump, then forgot to put the kickstand down. I tried to save it, but didn't have the strength. I did have enough strength to cause a gentle landing, so no harm done. I was just too tired and my butt was aching from the stock seat and I just wasn't thinking clearly. After I filled up we went straight to the hotel (the wife was following in her car).

The second time I dropped my bike, the story is just too stupid to tell, very embarrassing. Forgot the kickstand again, just strong enough again to cause a gentle landing, so no harm done. It was just me, no one else was there. So, if someone forgets to put the kickstand down and drops a bike, and no else saw it, did it really drop?

·
Registered
257 Posts
What I'm taking away from this is that I need better motorcycle stories.

All of mine start with 'I remember when I did something stupid' but all of yours start with 'so there I was on my motorcycle in the middle of a bunch of smokin hot chicks...'
many of them indeed start that way, but they never end well :cry:

·
Registered
34 Posts
It took me 50 years to drop my bike, but I finally did it once. Two years ago I was stopped on my BMW K1200, put the side stand down and got off. The ground was slightly slopped to the right and the bike fell over to the right side, hardly any damage. The side stand is a little too tall and it is a top-heavy bike.

·
Registered
257 Posts
It took me 50 years to drop my bike, but I finally did it once. Two years ago I was stopped on my BMW K1200, put the side stand down and got off. The ground was slightly slopped to the right and the bike fell over to the right side, hardly any damage. The side stand is a little too tall and it is a top-heavy bike.

some folks are just late bloomers. don't feel bad :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a question. I just got my endorsement so am looking to get my 1st bike. My question is I found a used 2008 year one. From my research, it looks the newer 2022 models are like 50++ pounds heavier then the 2008 year model. Can any of you help with this??
My first motorcycle was 2021 Vulcan 900, loved it and outgrew it in 6 months, now I ride a 2022 vaquero, love this beast, don’t feel intimidated by a bike, 900 isn’t much to handle, you can get a brand new 22 for about 8k. Why buy used!? Good luck

·
Registered
2017 Vulcan 900 Classic
767 Posts
Agree! It is really a nice frame with enough power for both a first time rider and as a re-entry bike.
It took me 10 months, but I transitioned from the 900 to a Road Glide Ultra.

I purchased the 900 used only because I could reconcile with myself that IF I dropped it, I wasn't damaging a brand new bike.
Just one of those things with me. By the way, I recently sold the 900 for almost 1k more than I paid for it. So I didn't have to absorb ( out of my pocket) any "show-room new" depreciation.

Life is good.

My first motorcycle was 2021 Vulcan 900, loved it and outgrew it in 6 months, now I ride a 2022 vaquero, love this beast, don’t feel intimidated by a bike, 900 isn’t much to handle.........,

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I rode a 900 custom for 10 years and I can't say that I ever actually outgrew it. I moved up to a Vaquero because I really wanted a touring bike and figured at 62 it was my last chance. I love the Vaquero, but next season I'll be 67 and I'm having arthritis issues with my left hip. Now that I own the Vaq outright, I plan on trading down to another 900 Custom. I've been riding since '81 and of all my bikes, the 900 Custom still speaks directly to my soul.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts