Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. I just got my endorsement so am looking to get my 1st bike. My question is I found a used 2008 year one. From my research, it looks the newer 2022 models are like 50++ pounds heavier then the 2008 year model. Can any of you help with this??

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
I have a question. I just got my endorsement so am looking to get my 1st bike. My question is I found a used 2008 year one. From my research, it looks the newer 2022 models are like 50++ pounds heavier then the 2008 year model. Can any of you help with this??
13 years of innovations. 13 years of EPA emission controls added. What does the 2022 have on it (bags, engine guards, windshield, etc.) that may not be on the 2008? What exact models are each one? Kind of a hard question to answer.

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
There's a 40 lbs weight range between just the 2022 models and they are listed as curb weight. The only weight I can find for a 2008 Classic and is dry weight. The 2022 Custom curb weight is about 50 lbs more than the 2008 Classic dry weight. So, I'm guessing he is looking at a 2022 Custom and most of the weight difference is the fluids being included in the weight.

Reactions: NCPiper and imac

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I can’t help with the topic question, but what does “I just got my endorsement” mean?
That means he just got "Motorcycle" added to his driver's license. Every state seems to have their own terminology for that. Here in NYS, "I got my motorcycle license." But actually, they just added an "M" to the class.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i never dropped my first bike.

but i did drop my 2nd one. two tone paint, every piece of factory chrome there was, custom seats, matching bags, nice pipes, lots of accessories. it was a beauty for sure. i had washed it in front of the house, i lived next door to a gas station/convenience store. i polished and waxed the side that was shaded, and when i looked up, there were 3 cuties watching me from the parking lot. i did the smoothest u-turn you ever saw, so i could do the other side in the shade.
i pulled up next to the curb like a boss...

then i forgot to put down the kickstand, stepped off the bike, and it fell over and took me with it, pinning my foot under it like a true dumbass. by the time i got my foot out of my shoe, picked up the bike, and put my shoe back on, the ladies had left.
😕

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
then i forgot to put down the kickstand, stepped off the bike, and it fell over and took me with it, pinning my foot under it like a true dumbass. by the time i got my foot out of my shoe, picked up the bike, and put my shoe back on, the ladies had left.
😕
No doubt the ladies left laughing. We're nothing if we can't provide amusement for the masses!

·
Registered
2021 Vulcan 900 Custom
20 Posts

but i did drop my 2nd one. two tone paint, every piece of factory chrome there was, custom seats, matching bags, nice pipes, lots of accessories. it was a beauty for sure. i had washed it in front of the house, i lived next door to a gas station/convenience store. i polished and waxed the side that was shaded, and when i looked up, there were 3 cuties watching me from the parking lot. i did the smoothest u-turn you ever saw, so i could do the other side in the shade.

😕
Forgetting to drop the kickstand bit me on my first bike too. Came back from a ride and completely forgot to put it down. Leaned the bike over and by the time I realized what was happening it was too late to stop the bike, but thankfully I was able to get myself out of the way and the bike only suffered some scuffing and a broken clutch lever.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Forgetting to drop the kickstand bit me on my first bike too. Came back from a ride and completely forgot to put it down. Leaned the bike over and by the time I realized what was happening it was too late to stop the bike, but thankfully I was able to get myself out of the way and the bike only suffered some scuffing and a broken clutch lever.
once i was coming home from a ride, and ended up being passed by an absolutely jaw-dropping beautiful woman on a pearl white sporty. as we pulled up to the light, i was about to pull up along side of her to say hi but...
she just stopped, and never put her feet down. she didn't even flinch, and went over with the bike. i jumped off, and picked the bike up off of her, then i went to help her up. she was super drunk. she couldn't even stand. i helped her to the side of the road, moved our bikes, and was asking her if there was someone i could call to get her home with her bike. just then, about 15 guys pulled up on bikes who were all nearly as drunk as she was. her so called "friends".
what a bunch of morons. according to them, they were all partying somewhere, decided to go somewhere else, and she lost them at a light. they were looking for her when they found us on the side of the road. her bike was fine. i hope that was the last time she did that, because if it wasn't, she must be dead now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Forgetting to drop the kickstand.. i think I'd need Alzheimer to pull that off. I guess the kickstand got burned into my brain with a bicycle all those many many years ago. :). That's not to say I ain't done stupid **** on a motorcycle :)

·
Premium Member
2005 V2K, 2015 VN900
56 Posts
I usually stop the engine by leaving it in 1st gear and drop the kickstand. That habit prevents med from forgetting it.

In the 90's i once forgot to drop the kickstand at a gas station when I, sitting on the bike, filled it up and got of the bike to pay for the gas. I didn't realize the blunder before I heard the bang behind me. Only minor damage to the bike, a broken blinker. The damage to my pride was much worse.☹

·
Registered
11 Posts

😕
Two kinds of Bike riders: Those who have gone down, and those who are going to go down. 😕😕😕

1 - 20 of 29 Posts