Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picture is of the weep hole. It is leaking coolant while the bike is running at a slow, but steady rate. found it when I was checking my oil level one day. Appeared out of no where.

Anyone know what it is? How to fix it? I'm at a loss. I can't find any reference to this hole in any manual or any forum, much less the fact that it's weeping. The hole is on the other side as well, and it's also on stock photos of the EN500 so it's 100% not aftermarket.

Any help is WONDERFUL. Thanks in advance.

Below is a link to the pictures of the hole.

https://imgur.com/a/62VLwnm

EDIT: Bike is an '04 Vulcan 500. 13k miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Sunsunsun,

That weep hole drains the pocket where the spark plug and boot reside. Also within this pocket is a coolant pipe and hose. Have the valves been adjusted recently? If so then the o-ring on the coolant pipe may be leaking and needs to be replaced. The coolant hose that connects to this pipe is secured by a clamp that could be loose. If it is the o-ring it might seal itself. You may be able to reach the hose clamp from the side. It is behind the spark plug boot.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Is it the hose with the arrows on it in the below image?

https://imgur.com/a/0VtXhl8

If not, do you mind taking a picture of the hose you are talking about? This hose isn't visibly leaking.

Thanks in advance,

Jared
It not usually the hose but rather the pipe it connects too...It has a o-ring on the bottom that sits into the head.....The o rings should be replaced every time the valves are adjusted.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Yes, that is the hose. If you’re not seeing a leak at the hose then the leak is likely to be from the o-ring. The o-ring is located where the pipe inserts into the cylinder head and will require removing the fuel tank to remove it to replace the o-ring. How good are your mechanical skills?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts