Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Been a while since I have given my bike some love, been distracted with the Suzuki Jimny and my trailer.

Thought I would share some mods I did today that might be helpful for others.

Decided to put some USB sockets in the Saddle bag. Figured it will be great place to be with charging cameras and other stuff rather then remembering to bring a charged battery bank.

Mounted a SAE plate to allow me to disconnect the charger if I even want to remove the saddle bags.

Route the wiring through and connected to USB mount.

Mounted to saddle bag

Route the gap underneath the fender and the seat.

Use Bullet connectors to connect to the stock relay connectors. This will allow the charger to turn on when the bike is on only.

All ready to go.

While I was in the electrical system I did discover there is a hidden compartment under the battery? Not sure if its that useful but it will come in handy for something.

I wasn't a fan of all my accessories going to the battery and cluttering the terminals. I decided to add a terminal block and connect the block to the terminal instead. I did have to Cut off a plastic mount on the left in order to have a flat section.

If you are wondering why there is a SAE connector hanging there, its so I can connect a trickle charger when needed. Easy access by removing the cover with the key and connect to the charger.

·
Super Moderator
2,716 Posts
Thanks for this information and the pictures. Helpful information for all members. The sissy bar helmet lock is a simple logical approach. Thanks.

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
535 Posts
Nice set up on the charger ..... but my reason for replying is my interest in the clock.
What brand? Where purchased? Is it reliable? Looks very cool!
This is the one I have. Super cheap. Five years old. Works great. Uses watch battery that I've replaced a few times.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is the one I have. Super cheap. Five years old. Works great. Uses watch battery that I've replaced a few times.

View attachment 246077
Thank you!!!
Just purchased!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts