Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Vulcan 900 has a wimpy horn. The Can Am Spyder has a much louder and deeper sounding horn. Can the Spyder horn be mounted in place of the original Kawasaki horn?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Check out the Stebel Nautilus compact series of horns designed for motorcycles. You're not going to get much louder than that, and with the wiring kit they are very easy to install.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks fastpakr,

I think I have heard the Stebel horns. Most I have listened to still sound like motorcycle horns. The Spyder horn sounds like an automobile horn. It is much deeper in tone.

Loben

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I'm not sure what you heard, but it wasn't one of their air horns. Look at this.

If you really just want an automotive horn, run by your nearest chain auto parts store and you'll find the 'highway blaster' variety on the shelf for $15 or so. Nothing compared to a Stebel, though.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Harbor Freight has the same horn for a few dollars less. I replaced horns on my F650 and both of our bikes with these. They will get the attention you want. They are loud!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The prices I'm seeing at Harbor Freight online don't appear to be any cheaper. Either way, that is a good alternate source for them, especially if they stock them locally and you can get one of the coupons they email out fairly often.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree with you, Loben. Can't stand the tone of this horn. Much prefer a deeper sound, not louder. BMW's have a nice tone. Sort of between a car and a bike.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just replaced the "wheezing duck" of a horn on my 900 with a single, FIAMM "low tone" unit. Did a direct bolt on and plug in. It's not as loud as the dual horn set up but it's pretty good. The stock Kaw horn wiring might be a little light (definitely too light for dual horns!) but for a single horn it should do as long as I don't lay on the button for 30 seconds.

If I lived in a busy area though with lots of traffic I'd be looking for one of those big honker set ups the other guys were pointing to but I rarely use the horn at all (knock on wood).

Doug

·
Registered
941 Posts
My Vulcan 900 has a wimpy horn. The Can Am Spyder has a much louder and deeper sounding horn. Can the Spyder horn be mounted in place of the original Kawasaki horn?
The Can Am Spyder also has a much louder and deeper sounding exhaust too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a vulcan 1600 classic, and I put Rivco air horns on it. The installation was fairly easy, and they provided an adapter bracket that allowed me to place it where the original horn was. It puts out 128 dB. I don't use it often, but when I have, they got the hell out of my way. I usually warn side-streeters and turners with my High-Low beam switch. When they ignore me, I sound like a Peterbilt coming at them, and they move over. Check and see if they have them for the 900.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts