Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told the water stain on my fork is because the clear coat is damaged, must have happen when I removed those reflectors. So the guy at AJ Kawasaki said "only option" is to remove the clear coat if I don't the fork will turn yellow, dam it!

Any idea's out there??? What to do, plus how the hec to do it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had a bike a long time ago where the same thing happened. I used brush on paint remover and then fine steel wool to remove the clear coat. Then I used chrome polish and a lot of elbow grease to polish out the fork legs. It looked real nice, but the shine didn't last long and I had to constantly polish out the fork legs to keep them looking good.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Or you can do them like mine it takes me about 15 minutes a week to keep them like this... Pic if i can..... Bulldozer

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
show us some leg

Or you can do them like mine it takes me about 15 minutes a week to keep them like this... Pic if i can..... Bulldozer
bd, chrome eh? how much work and money to get er dun? would powder coat a color being any much different? somes bikes these days are sporting black legs and/or top leggings... those are the fat lady leg skirts.
I like to show off my girls big bones legs. we like leg. out, ponch

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hey Ponch, the forks are not chrome they are the original forks they are just polished , i take a little mothers to em once a week to keep um shiny . Bet you could have them powder coated any color you want for cheap, but i had em polished out in FL for 200.00 the wheels are stock and it cost me 100 each to have them polished that included take off and put back.. The calipers and rotors , triple tree and some other small stuff was another couple hundred, the wheels are the most work to keep up , i do the polishing with a drill then wipe it down with one of those soft cloths .... Bulldozer, still like my bling........

·
Registered
864 Posts
I like them naked legs but short of cuttin them rattly skirts off with a dremel tool im not prepared to do all that work, im old ya know....... Bulldozer , thinkin of a nap..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts