Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I am cruisin down Grandview enjoyin my ride. Just a leisurely pace of about 50mph. I'm seriously enjoying the mid 90 degree weather we had, with clouds!, instead of 110. I'm in the middle lane on my way home on the left hand side of the lane. There's one person in the left lane and a person in the right lane leaving nobody in front of me. This guy/gal, didn't get a good look, just screams out of the parking lot to my right and pulls out right in front of all of us. The vehicles in both lanes to my side slam on the brakes at the same time as myself. The truck coming out of the parking lot chooses my lane......

I'm damn near sideways with my rear brake locked up. Of course, i can't let off the brake so i gotta try to ride it out. I have my handlebars cocked all the way to the right and i'm leanin as hard as i can on the right side trying to put the back tire somewhat back in line. It starts to swing back around and I look to my left so i can turn into that lane if it's clear once i get it straight. The dude in the truck to my left is staring straight at me like i'm about to die... I FEEL like i'm about to die. Luckily the truck that came out of the parking lot was picking up speed quickly or i think i wouldn't be typing this post right now. I get everything straightened up and my back tire gets to rollin again and the guy in the truck to my left pulls up next to me and checks on me. Of course, i let him know i'm ok, even though i'm screaming in my head at the a-hole that pulled out in front of us. I get a bit down the road and then i realize what actually happened. I screamed at the top of my lungs "WOOOOOOOO! I f***in did it!" fist pump and everything. I prolly looked like a fool, but i didn't care.
I get home and i hug my wife and kids and tell em i love em. I then go on to explain to my wife what happened. She got a little upset, but i'm home so it's ok. I'll remember what the truck looks like for later though ;). I'm gonna... "talk to their truck for a minute". Kinda wish i had a GoPro to turn in the video.

Long story short. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR THE OTHERS THAT DON'T HAVE THEIRS OPEN FOR YOU!
This could have gone a lot worse, but I got lucky today. I made it to ride another day! Have fun and roll on!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Glad you got through that one OK. Sounds like some jerk that didn't care about anyone else. You had 2 other vehicles on either side so it is not like he didn't see anyone. At times like that I wish I were a cop, sounds like that guy would have been good for a least 3 or4 citations , not yielding, illegal lane change, speeding, reckless driving.....
WB

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that guy didn't give a crap about anything or anyone.

Thanks for the welcome. Been gone from here too long. Finally getting around to working on the Vulcan. Been riding, just haven't done anything to it yet.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
That was a rather hairy encounter! Thankfully you emerged physically unscathed, and hopefully you won't ever have to go through that sort of experience again.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank y'all, it was scary while it was goin down to say the least. I'm with you, Hot Cruiser. I don't want to ever have to go through that again.

Sorry for the long story, but I felt like that would possibly help kinda put people into the situation without actually having to go through it. I have never fishtailed like that before and i would be more than happy if i never did again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts