Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 SE is in desperate need of a washing but I'm not sure what to use. I've heard some people say they use lemon pledge on their bikes but I'm not sure what that will do to the flat black finish.

What is everyone else using on their flat black 2010's?

jd

·
Registered
263 Posts
Good car soap and good water. Spray detailing stuff works good. Microfiber cloths are a must.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Use leaf blower to dry the puppy off. And show us some pics. Haven't seem to see many who opted for the new color scheme of the 10 SE.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I don't do anything different than i would for a car. Bucket of soapy water, rinse, dry, wax.

Well, ok, i might take a little longer making sure the small bits are clean and shiny.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'll post a few pics as soon as I get the mud off. Poor thing looks like we were 4x4'ing. :(
Wouldn't that be 2x2ing?! :D

Ditto on the leaf blower. I would have probably sold her by now if I had to dry every little nook and crany of the bike by hand.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I take mine to the do-it-yoself carwash, park in the middle of the stall and stand back and spray her done. Soap, rinse, wax, then the spotless rinse. Wipe off the main areas, and take her out on the road. Get up to about 80 and most things naturally dry right off. I did the same on my 750 that I repainted flat black. And like sunbelt said, microfiber cloths are a must, for drying and washing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts