Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2007 VN900 classic LT. I am considering the front pulley and my question is, will I have any issues with my warranty if I change the pulley? Any feedback will help me make the decision to repace now, or wait until the warranty has expired...

SS

·
Registered
249 Posts
My opinion, yes, you probably will have warranty issues if you do that.

Doing regular maintenance does NOT void your warranty as many will try to convince you that it does. So long as you keep records of the maintenance you performed, your warranty is well in tact. However, once you go attempting heavy modifications to the original design of the vehicle (like changing the pulley) then your warranty is going to be in jeopardy. There will be arguments one way or the other on whether or not it "should" void your warranty, but it's not a risk I'd be willing to take if you are worried about losing the warranty you paid for.

I, on the other hand, do 90% of the work myself because I don't trust the Stealerships. I never buy a motorcycle warranty because I'd have it voided in a few months anyway. I say, DO IT ... but that's just me. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts