Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike is at the dealers and has been for two weeks. they are waiting for a new ecu to come from kawasaki and that's all. my question is, does kawasaki offer a replacement bike while a warranty issue problem is being fixed? i want to find out from you guys before i asked the stealer about this. you know how they come up with some bull from time to time? thanks to all.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
NO to the replacement bike.

Two weeks is a long time to wait for a part unless it is on back-order. Check with the dealer to see if it is on b/o. Normal Kawi parts orders are usually delivered in 3-5 days after the order is placed unless the dealer holds all it's
accumulated orders and places one big order. Find out WHEN the part was ordered, that is the date.

Find out what the situation is, and if there is not a reasonable time frame for the parts to come in, rerquest that you take your skoot so you can ride (assuming it is rideable) and return it when the ecu comes in.

HOPE THIS HELPS

RACNRAY

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Two weeks is a long time to wait for a part unless it is on back-order. Check with the dealer to see if it is on b/o. Normal Kawi parts orders are usually delivered in 3-5 days after the order is placed unless the dealer holds all it's
accumulated orders and places one big order. Find out WHEN the part was ordered, that is the date.

Find out what the situation is, and if there is not a reasonable time frame for the parts to come in, rerquest that you take your skoot so you can ride (assuming it is rideable) and return it when the ecu comes in.

HOPE THIS HELPS

RACNRAY
they did say it was on back order. just wondering if they could give me something else to drive. dont want to drive mine with its ecu that was in it. was running like crap. thanks ray

·
Registered
2,967 Posts

HOPE THIS HELPS

RACNRAY
Yeah, make sure the dealer has ordered the part on some type of priority or unit down order, not a regular stocking order type of thing.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I don't know why you aren't riding your bike. Unless my bike is broken and unrideable, i ride it until the part comes in. Then I bring it down and get the part replaced on the spot.

I have had some dealers try the "we need to keep your bike because we may order the part and then you don't show up to get it put on". I tell them if that is the type of relationship you think we have then I guess I will go elsewhere. They usually back down from that stance.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I would ask for a delivery date on the part. If your bike is going to be down for weeks then you could ask Kawasaki for compensation due to loss of use but I guarantee you will have to do so in court. If you complain loud enough to Kawasaki and dealer you may be able to get a dealer demo bike to ride if they have them.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I would pick up my bike ride it and tell them to call when it is in. I recieved my recall notice, called the dealer , they ordered it and i rode my bike till it was in.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
my bike is at the dealers and has been for two weeks. they are waiting for a new ecu to come from kawasaki and that's all. my question is, does kawasaki offer a replacement bike while a warranty issue problem is being fixed? i want to find out from you guys before i asked the stealer about this. you know how they come up with some bull from time to time? thanks to all.
Without even looking at the warranty statement I can all but guarantee Kawasaki is not obliged to provide any compensation for loss of use.

To wbilotta's point, what you can negotiate with the dealer could be something completely different. That said, given you refer to your dealer as "stealer", I'm inclined to say you probably should continue to ride your bike until the new part comes in because it doesn't sound like you have a good enough relationship for them to bend that far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts