Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 900 last July, and all is well with the exception of my rear brakes, and rotor. I noticed today that my rear brake rotor is grooved and the rear brakes have been pretty squeaky. Is this covered under my one year warranty, or is this considered wear and tear. I took it in for my 600 service and told them that the brakes seemed to be rubbing, and they said they adjusted them and that all is fine. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Best thing is 2 talk 2 them.....They may try 2 pass it off but there is a reason 4 the problems at this early stage of the game....Unless u been doing some hard riding or abuse....Talk 2 them....The worst they can do is say no and then ya gotta come up with some cash........:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty conservative on the bike, and apply pretty equal pressure on the brakes, so I don't think it's anything i'm doing. The bike has 2100 miles on it, I think it is a bit premature to be having these problems, that's why I bought it. I just want to be prepared before I go to battle with the dealer.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I hear ya.....Best 2 talk with them.....A lot of times they will try 2 help ya out....Depends on the dealer and the probs.....Sounds like u could have a rock or small stone caught in there.....It is early and there is a cause weather is their fault or not is the question....Good luck.........:)

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I have almost 4000 miles on my classic with no problems with the breaks wearing like that. I just sold my Honda 750 with 18,000 miles on it and still had half pads on the front disks, and 3/4 on the rear drum brakes........ Sounds like the dealer screwed them up. What type of gas mileage have you been getting? I also get 48 to 50 miles per gallon, so that should give you some clue...... and, just so you know, I am very easy on my ride, but I put 10 to 12,000 miles a year on it, so I qualify in the 10,000 mile a year club..........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im getting getting about 40 - 45 miles per gallon. I have not done too much highway driving yet, mostly back and forth to work, and riding with the guys around town, so Im not sure what my highway mileage is.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
robtay,
40 mpg is low for the 900, 45 is average.......... especially for city driving. If you are conservative, you should be averaging 45 mpg, if you haven't made any mods (pipes) which end up using more fuel.......... So I would point my finger at the ridge line forming on your rotor and ask for warranty repair...........good luck.......Walt E.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts