Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is off topic but thought i would talk with some fellow riders. I tried to start up a vulcan rider association chapter here but was not enough interest to get the ball rolling. Ive been in talks with a rep from the Iron order sure you have heard of them. They are actually well rounded liked individuals in our community.
the thought of brotherhood and being a part of a something has me interested, along with the IOMC only allows members to join that are drug free and have no criminal background.

just wondering if there are any brothers on this forum or if anyone else knows or rides with the IOMC.

im already a hang around and looking forward to becoming more.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Due to my irregular work schedule, its almost impossible for me to belong to anything. I joined a "lets just ride " group, a multi brand, mixed group of people who just enjoy riding.

I rode once with them in the last two years and was not comfortable with the group ride thing, there was a mixed bag of experience and seat time. My philosophy has always been to ride down to the level of your weakest link, not to expect them to ascend to yours.

I now ride with the C.O.1. .... club of one. My rules, my routes, my way. ..... and it does me just fine, not for everybody, but it works for me.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Due to my irregular work schedule, its almost impossible for me to belong to anything. I joined a "lets just ride " group, a multi brand, mixed group of people who just enjoy riding.

I rode once with them in the last two years and was not comfortable with the group ride thing, there was a mixed bag of experience and seat time. My philosophy has always been to ride down to the level of your weakest link, not to expect them to ascend to yours.

I now ride with the C.O.1. .... club of one. My rules, my routes, my way. ..... and it does me just fine, not for everybody, but it works for me.
Been there, done that too, boy, what a mistake that was...One time I posted if anyone wanted to go for a ride...and was quickly admonished because only "Captains" have that right....well, that was enough for me. I'm lucky to have a few close friends who ride, and we've settled into a weekend here, weekend there routine. Generally and personally speaking, I have the lone wolf mentality...the bike being my therapist if you will. That being said, the bike is a great way to develop a social life. Be prepared to adhere to some rules though if you "join" a group. There IS a hierarchy, no matter how innocent the patch.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm the same way. Between work and family I can't/don't want to commit to any rules or schedule. I'm apart of some "Groups" on meetup.com. I just looked for ones that fit what I was looking for (show up when you can, be friendly and not ride like an a-hole). That seems to help me get my fix when it comes to riding with groups. Although I think they have my work schedule and seem to only plan rides when I'm working.... LOL

·
Registered
91 Posts
I know of the IOMC. Have a charter close to me. I have no ill words about them, a sound club. the question comes in as to you want and like the club life. The politics and follow the leader of a club. The brotherhood is great, but can wear on you too.
If your a hang around, do just that...hang around. Watch and learn look for both the good and bad. If you like it and can live with it. Then give your all to the club and members you all. Maybe one day you can patch up and be a brother.
I know the life, i live the life. Ride hard.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
The Iron Order . . . *sigh*. I'll say nothing about them . . .

But club life has it's good and bad, and I don't even belong to one. But I'm close to one, and it's a lot of work. I can tell you that it's more than having a great bunch of brothers to ride with. The question is, How much of your life are you willing to devote to one?

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Iron Order . . . *sigh*. I'll say nothing about them . . .

But club life has it's good and bad, and I don't even belong to one. But I'm close to one, and it's a lot of work. I can tell you that it's more than having a great bunch of brothers to ride with. The question is, How much of your life are you willing to devote to one?

HRH is right in not saying anything about the Iron Order. They view the MC world different than most clubs.

MC is a lot of work. you'll have brothers you dont care for but yet they are brothers so you are there for them. your circle of friends will become your brothers. NO time for many friends outside the club. your relationship with your lady can suffer too. (Bro before ho's, as the saying goes).
If your looking for people to just ride with..look into a riding club. MC is more than riding it is a lifestyle.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like my motorcycle club. I meet people in the forums and if I feel like it I will take day ride to go have lunch with them. Sometimes it takes me all day to go round trip but it's worth it to get out and meet people. No dues and nobody tells me how to ride or who to ride with.
HAHA is that the FreeSpirit club. lol
club life is not for everyone, some of us love it.

To me comes down to...Ride your own ride, but dont tell me how to do my ride. L&H

1 - 9 of 9 Posts