Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to replace the gas tank on my '97 800. I have a serious interior rust issue. all color options considered. light dings and scratches considered.

Hit me with your asking price my friends.

:grin2:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Looks like in good shape they run about $200 and up on ebay -- and they're all dented! I shudder to think what a non-dented one would run.

For those prices I'd be mighty tempted to try one of those "paintless dent puller" deals and see if I could work it out to something close to decent, bondo the rest and either rattle can it or get it painted, depending on how stylin' you want to be.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like in good shape they run about $200 and up on ebay -- and they're all dented! I shudder to think what a non-dented one would run.

For those prices I'd be mighty tempted to try one of those "paintless dent puller" deals and see if I could work it out to something close to decent, bondo the rest and either rattle can it or get it painted, depending on how stylin' you want to be.
My number one concern at the moment is functionality although i do not want anything i see on ebay at the moment. everything has a baseball size or larger dent and that unacceptable for $150-$200 range in my honest opinion.

:surprise:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try this guy. He has the tank pictured as being for sale. detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mpo/d/kawasaki-vulcan-2003-parts/6258621254.html

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
BB,

FYI different years have different tanks and vent locations. 97 98 are different from 01 etc. look up your part number on a site like cheapcycleparts.com before you have an expensive lesson. Yes 800 parts are pricey.
You may want to look online at salvage yards that specialize in bikes. The bad news is your looking at $200 to $300. Google or youtube how to clean out a rusted tank it may be the better way to go. Sorry for not having better news. Good luck.

Ron

·
Registered
23 Posts
do you still need a tank? i have a pristine tank off a 01 vulcan 800 with only 10k miles on it. no dents, scratches, rust etc. hit me up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts