Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 v2k classic but would like to switch or mod the bike to the large bug-eyed headlight with nacelle. Has anyone done it? Help....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
NObody?

My first post and was hope to get lucky with some pointers....oh well, was hoping somebody had info on modding a v2k classic to v2k big eyed head light. that headlight is sweet! Originally wanted the headlight version but mine was to good a deal to pass up...Thanks, Brandon

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
point that thing down the road and ride it.

My first post and was hope to get lucky with some pointers....oh well, was hoping somebody had info on modding a v2k classic to v2k big eyed head light. that headlight is sweet! Originally wanted the headlight version but mine was too good a deal to pass up...Thanks, Brandon
Santo, didn't get what you wanted? how too good a deal was that? this little mod is gonna cost you some serious bux. You'r looking at lots of shiney new parts at the dealer are muey 'spensive. I bet you don't get out the door less than $5 Cnotes. I would point you at the boneyard where they bury dead bikes. The headlight you seek is on one bike only, so your selection is very limited. Also, the headlight is at the front the crashsikle and also very fragile, your chance of finding one intact is slim to none. If you are hell bent and doing this, you may find that it is more feasible and reasonable to sell your bike and buy the one you really wanted. Hey, you asked for pointers. out, ponch

·
Registered
319 Posts
headlight

Brandon, poncho is right. I have the "big" headlight 2000 and was at one time, going to switch to the smaller one like yours. There are a ton of parts to switch. Heres some examples: Light,nacelle cover,risers,tripple tree cover tubes,Wiring harness,Wiring harness holder,ignition switch,upper fork holder cover. The only "feasable ' way to do it is find someone who wants to do the opposite ,have both bikes side-by -side and swap away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Headlight

thanks panch for the advice actually the headlight wasn't a deal breaker and there are lots of nice after markets out there for less than 500 just wondering what it would entail. I love my v2k and after sitting on and riding everything else it was by far an easy choice/purchase. The bike will be paid for soon so maybe later if at . Paint, britt pfenders, power commander III, pipes, Led's etc are already installed ... as for me a different headlight and maybe wheels and I'm done.
Live long and ride hard, SanAnto Vulcan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts