Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend moved my bike in the garage the other day. Well, he parked it too close to the garage door and when he shut the door it trashed my antenna :eek:

Anyone have one laying around?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No longer needed, I went the parts store replacement route. Actually like it better.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does that antenna just unscrew? My 2012 has a big rubber thing on the end and I'm not sure if the base end unscrews, don't want to break it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes it does and don't let it get loose cuz it will vib off. 129.00 and you can get a new one. Lost mine in the first 600 miles. The dealer covered the cost.
Now you tell me. I'm on a week long road trip and just realized the antenna is gone!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
No longer needed, I went the parts store replacement route. Actually like it better.

Just what kind/type did you buy as a replacement and did it just screw into place?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not to worry, it works almost as well without it, just grin and bare the fugly.
I just figured there was nothing to hear way out there in the badlands of Nevada. I was just reviewing my photos and it looks like I lost it somewhere between Tioga Pass (SR 120) and Hawthorne, NV. I think I had it when I filled up at Lee Vining, though I can't be sure because I was pretty focused on the $5.19 a gallon and may not have realized it was already gone. So everyone please check the side of the road and let me know if you find it :(

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Wish I had seen this thread earlier or one of the other dozen or so "lost antenna" threads. I literally just got my voyager today with 5 miles on the odometer. Rode about 108 miles with a stop for a drink in there after about 70. Antenna was still there at the break but now that I'm home I noticed it's gone. :mad: From the other threads it looks like dealer replacement ought to be a no-brainer. If they refuse I'm gonig to send them here. Otherwise, it looks like I'm off to the parts store for that 6mm threaded bolt and that raptor aftermarket antenna from one of the auto stores. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Looks like this one can be adopted to work, only 13" in height and under 20 dollars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts