Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We live in Southern Oregon and are looking for a STOCK '09 Vulcan 500. Short of a few with 300 miles barn finds or heavily modified there is nothing. Was it because few were initially sold 6 years ago or are they so popular that owners don't want to part with them? This bike would replace my wife's Rebel that I originally posted questions under "free advice"

·
Registered
458 Posts
I "peruse" Craigs List from time to time looking at motorcycles in general. It seems to me that prices for all of them have increased in the past 2 or 3 years. People on CL are asking more for an '09 Vulcan 500 than I paid for mine 3 years ago. FWIW :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, looks like we found one local believe it or not. What mods they made I should be able to reverse. I test rode it and boy was I impressed! After my 900LT this thing was a smooth as silk rocket. We test rode a Honda Shadow 750 yesterday - not impressed. Still, why did Kawi stop making the Vulcan 500? From an old man's perspective it's far superior to the V-twins.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
You may have already pulled the trigger; and not sure if it's in your budget. But have you looked at the new Vulcan S? It's a new and improved version of the Vulcan 500. Styling is a little different, but it has a 650cc motor (which is based on that 500cc motor); and is fuel injected. ABS is available as well. Just food for thought.

Since it's a current model, you'll get more accessory support in the future, and more support in general in terms of parts, etc.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Romans, we pulled the trigger today. The wife really loves the "5". She did try on the Vulcan S and just didn't like it. Besides "5" was 1/3 the cost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts