Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Kids!

I'm busy setting up my new (to me) 2001 Vulcan 1500, 12,800 miles.
It's my first VeeTwin (former Wing guy) and I'm really liking it but I want to add a tach so I get some feedback on what gear I'm in.
Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Also would like to add a tire pressure monitor.

Have you done it, what did you get, how you like it?

thanks!

Doc

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not a Gold wing

Tire pressure monitor - Hmm a tire gauge and a pre ride inspection.

Tachometer - it's a big V-twin do not like RPM- it will tell you when to shift - Torque Baby!!!

A digital gear readout would be nice add-on.

Enjoy the ride!!!

:laugh2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checking the rear tire with the bags on is a PITA! (pain in the a..). I had a rear tire failure on a Goldwing on the Indianapolis turnpike at 80 mph years ago. Brought it to a halt in the nick of time. I used to race bikes. That helped immensely in getting it stopped upright. I want a heads up if I'm losing pressure moving down the road.

I also like to know the revs I'm turning.

thanks for the input

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I've been using Tiregard TPMS for years. I have the one with the external sensors. If you use balance beads or one of the liquid balancing products you would not want to use the internal sensors. If you go thru tires fast enough and use weights for balancing, you might prefer internal sensors. Just change the batteries every time you change tires. For external sensors make sure to use metal valve stems. You might also want to look into metal tee stems that allow you to check the pressure (to confirm the TPMS reading) without having to take the sensors off.

If you plan to pull a trailer, Tiregard has a 4 wheel version, too, but you can't add more sensors to the 2 wheel version.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts