Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my bike a month ago and very happy with every mile but made the mistake of jumping on my boys monster 1100 for a quick ride and now i want more power. i know i can go out and get new stronger bike but love the 900 se.

what can i do to increase power on the current bike? willing to spend 1-2k but looking for feedback on what others have done. Can i get 20rhp out of intake, pipes and fuel system upgrade? Anyone here have a High performance upgrade?

i want more ummmph off the line and dont care about top end as long as i can still roll at 80

·
Registered
166 Posts
God I am nervous about that post. I purchased a 900 SE without even riding a cruiser of any type...and I won't get to ride it for another 3 months! I am switching over from an 07 GSXR 750...I hope I am not bitterly disappointed with my decision. I LOVE how the SE looks...absolutely LOVE it...hope it has a bit of torque at least.

·
Registered
533 Posts
You're basically limited to intake/pipes/processor. You'll need a 2-1 exhaust or it's equivalent for starters. Intakes all do the same job, so pick one you like and install. You may want to check out www.gmanindustries.com. He claims a whopping 39% increase in power for the 900 if you install his Bully processor and the 2-1 exhaust he sells. To get the most of it all, toss in a complete dyno-tune.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
+1 to what Jimbo said. I have no performance mods on my 900, except debaffling and IMHO, it has plenty of get up and go for what it is, a middle weight cruiser. It won't keep up with a sport bike, but it's not a gutless wonder either. The last bike I had before the 900 was a "worked" GPZ900, no dissappointment for me.

I'll be working towards the "big 3" on my 900. If it's anything like doing the mods to my MS, the 900 will be a whole new bike. If you shop around you can do it for well under $2k.

·
Registered
143 Posts
God I am nervous about that post. I purchased a 900 SE without even riding a cruiser of any type...and I won't get to ride it for another 3 months! I am switching over from an 07 GSXR 750...I hope I am not bitterly disappointed with my decision. I LOVE how the SE looks...absolutely LOVE it...hope it has a bit of torque at least.

I am also a sport bike guy and I can tell you that the Vulcan is no GSXR 750. It's power is much different and it feels like your stradling a horse compared to a modern sport bike. It's a different kind of bike. It's life at a slower more comfortable pace. There is plenty of torque where you need it. Compared to a sport bike, you can just leave it in 4 gear and chug along back roads hardly needing to shift. I like mine. Lets face it, no one bike does everything well. Thats why MBD (Multiple Bike Disorder) was invented ;-))

·
Registered
249 Posts
My shopping list for the Fall:

Cobra 2-in-1 exhaust
Cobra FI200R processor
Baron's BAK
Front Pulley

About $1100 total.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey CdnVulcanGuy, Don't worry about a thing. You'll love the 900. Even I would love extra horse power under me but I bought what I bought because the price and the power were in the ranges that I could accept. The 900 is a popular bike because it's a sharp looking bike and the power is more than adequate for our needs. I always want more power, but I'm an animal when it comes to my morning commute and try to pass anyone in my way just because.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts