Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motorcycle-USA.com just released a test called "2010 Middleweight Cruiser Shootout" and the Vulcan got the highest overall marks. Pretty impressive as there was some pretty steep competition being the HD Sportster 883, Honda Shadow 750 Phantom, and the Yamaha Star 950. It's well done and very interesting. And man that blacked out Vulcan looks sweet, I really want to blacken mine up like that. Anyway you guys should check it out, good stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good read, though I don't know why they'd have preferred an Iron 883 over the 883L.

I believe they're the same bike chassis/engine-wise, with the only differences being the Iron specific items added (plus the higher price).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have that exact Vulcan and I love it. The power and ride is awesome. The only problem with the bike is that I can not be on it 24/7.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah, they got it right! I did a lot of comparison before buying my "07". All things considered, the Vulcan is just simply a better value. Just my opinion, oh and Motorcycle-USA.com. ;)

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm pleased with mine.:D

·
Registered
711 Posts
Back in 2006 I actually did my own research for a few months before I ended up with mine.

I test drove all of this bikes:

Honda Shadow 750- great little bike but just a tad smaller for me. I learned on one of this

Honda Sabre 1100- was my second choice after the 900, great bike but was not fuel injected

Suzuki C50- just not my style of bike

similar Yamaha (can't remember the model)- nice but too outdated, carburator and no water cooling

HD Sportster 883- not really my style

and the VN900 was the one I took home and still very happy with it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
2010 900 Se

Just signed the papers yesterday, pick it up Tue or Wed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts