Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Kawasaki Vulcan voyager which has a engine stalling problem. We in Australia have not had the recall for the bike yet, as they have in the USA and Europe. Anyone else have had this problem in Australia please contact the ACCC on 1300 302 021 and also the technical service rep at Kawasaki motors Australia

·
Registered
59 Posts
G'day Truckie

i understand that the recall is rolling out country by country,
the sales guy at my local dealership knew about it, the service guy slithered away when i mentioned it,
yep i have stalling, kind of ride around it atm
i will follow up tomorrow,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think paying over $20,000 on a motorbike i think it should not stall and have drive-ability problems

·
Registered
114 Posts
Has anyone heard anything more about the recall in australia? It's been months since the announcement in the US and still no word...

·
Registered
59 Posts
hi truckie, i have been away for a bit, got ,my recall note also, will fix when i can let me know how it goes

Luke

·
Registered
114 Posts
My mistake, it was in Friday's mail too. Called the dealer yesterday, there's a possibility of having the new unit fitted this week - it would be great to have it in before the break!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
new ecu fitted have done about 600 klms so far,no stalling,fuel consumption about the same,less engine braking,pulls better in 6th gear at a lower road speed so far so good but will put some more road klms on and see how she goes.rob

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
reporting back on the new ecu was going good but now stalls a couple of times when starting from cold

1 - 10 of 10 Posts