Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I just bought a 2011 Vulcan Voyager for a trip to the mountains that I will be going on in about a month. I bought a bluetooth FM transmitter for playing music from my phone, but the dang thing keeps vibrating out of the outlet. I've seen 1 or 2 threads about people having this issue, but what have you guys done, if anything, to remedy this issue? Thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have an outlet in the trunk and that one works fine. I think because it is not mounted permanently it is not subject to the vibration that the one in the fairing receives. Last summer I went on a 4000 mile trip and had a Gopro that I plugged into a USB converter plugged into the faring outlet and had to tape the USB converter into the outlet so it wouldn't vibrate loose.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello from Ottawa, Canada

I had that problem with my GPS that I plug into the power outlet. It was due to the lower quality of the plug on the GPS cable. I spoke to a specialized GPS store and they sold me a higher quality power cable that has a better plug. It has solved my problem and I can ride all day without loosing power.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Most items come with a cheap connection. The spring device that serves as the ground doesnt hold the piece in place well. Either get a new quality cord or replace the end witj a better product. 2 quotes to cut and solder I a decent plug.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had the same problem with my gps plug. I took an o-ring and slid it on the gps plug. It provides a snug fit that never slides out, yet can still be removed without problems. Works great, and is an easy remedy.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Wrap a rubber band around the plug a few times.

·
Registered
181 Posts
In or behind the left storage compartment there are power wires for connecting an Ipod. I cut the connector off and spliced on a corded outlet. My Bluetooth adapter is kept in that compartment with the cord plugged into the added outlet. I wrapped electrical tape around it just to be sure it stays in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts