Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was given a cheap tach , it looks like it cost around 15-20 bucks and it came straight from China. I'm a newer rider so I wanted to hook it up to tell what RPM's I was riding it at, now I know in the pictures of this one it goes up to 13000 and I know the Vulcan red lines at around 8,000 RPM's. does anyone have any idea how to install one of these? I know that the black negative and red positive wire power the lights but there is still a short black short green and short yellow wire. Does anyone know where I need to hook these wires up to on my bike? I know that I can hook up the ground wire to the ground wire in my headlight housing but for the other two wires I have no idea where they go. I have posted the photos of the tack and the wires that are on it and where they say to hook them up. However since this is from China there were no instructions and the wire names aren't very clear. if anyone knows anything about this or has installed one of these before please help me out.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m pretty sure that the green one goes to one of the coils. Look at vulcangadgets.com I think there is a post about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
FYI Re: Vulcan 500. 8000 RPM is nearly the peak of the powerband, not the redline. Redline (ie: blow up the motor territory) is 11,000ish
6500 to 8000 is where the fun starts! It was a Ninja, ya know. Also the shifting speeds in the manual are the minimum, not the optimum, so you don't lug the motor and screw it up.
Get a decent tach from Dime City Cycles in Florida. It costs a C-note but it's worth every penny. Just google it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts