Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 Cafe ABS
398 Posts
Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I'll install it on Friday night so I can test out over the weekend if this rain ever decides to quit.

Reactions: gee38l

·
Registered
398 Posts
Okay, so I installed the shock this afternoon. The install was easy. I drilled out the top bushing and used some stainless steel thick washer as spacers to make up the difference in width. It actually stopped raining for today so when out and took a ride. I found the roughest road I could find to test out. Overall the ride on good roads is about the same. Shock still feels firm and not mushy. On the rough roads the bumps were nowhere near as harsh as the stock shock. For what little this shock cost, it is so much better than stock. Definitely worth the money and effort.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jerry...Can I use a hand drill or I need a drill press for this mod?
Can you tell me the sizes (thickness, ID, OD, quantity) of washers i should get for spacer?

Thanks

·
Registered
398 Posts
Jerry...Can I use a hand drill or I need a drill press for this mod?
Can you tell me the sizes (thickness, ID, OD, quantity) of washers i should get for spacer?

Thanks
Yes you can drill by hand drill. I used 7/16" and 1/2" stainless steel washer I had already. I'll have to see if I have any left to measure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Received my $50 aftermarket shock from Amazon this week. Was curious what the air pressure was so I tested it with several gauges and they all read 0psi. Tried to charge it but it won't hold pressure. I even replaced the Schrader valve thinking maybe it was stuck. Amazon is sending a new one next week. I read in a previous post someone said they measured 72psi. Has anyone else measured the pressure?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Received my $50 aftermarket shock from Amazon this week. Was curious what the air pressure was so I tested it with several gauges and they all read 0psi. Tried to charge it but it won't hold pressure. I even replaced the Schrader valve thinking maybe it was stuck. Amazon is sending a new one next week. I read in a previous post someone said they measured 72psi. Has anyone else measured the pressure?
Used my digital Milwaukee inflator...it reads 0 psi also...but i turn ON the inflator for few seconds...then it reads around 100 psi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Used my digital Milwaukee inflator...it reads 0 psi also...but i turn ON the inflator for few seconds...then it reads around 100 psi
I tried an old analog tire pressure gauge with a dial, a digital one made by Slime and my Ryobi battery powered inflator with digital readout. I could inflate but within seconds pressure was back to zero, guessing a bad seal inside somewhere. There was no paperwork with my shock, just wondering what pressure others are using.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update, received replacement shock from Amazon. Pressure was about 70psi. I made spacers to make up the difference between shock widths at the mounting ends. Put spacers on the outboard side of the shock, doesn't seem to be a clearance problem. Went for a ride and WOW, great improvement. No more bottoming out on big bumps and the overall ride quality is smoother. I've spent $500 on aftermarket shocks on other bikes and this $50 unit improves the ride just as much.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts