Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
The stock shock only has spring tension settings. I tried multiple different settings and found that the ride was jarring on higher more firm settings. The shock bottomed out on dips in the road. The new shock with it's air cushion compresses when loaded and stops the shock from bottoming out. I have left it on the factory settings so far and will wait until next month to see how it acts when the bike is fully loaded on a long distance tour. In the meantime, although the ride is slightly more stiff, it's very comfortable and I haven't been able to bottom the shock yet.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 Cafe ABS
398 Posts
I clicked on the link to order ...but they are out of the one with black spring :(
Yeah, i know i should of jump on it two weeks ago. I'm sure it will be back in stock.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I just ordered mine but won't be delivered until September 9th according to Amazon. I guess if I find another one I can get sooner I'll cancel the order.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I received mine yesterday (not suppose to be here til next month). Is it OK to use 1/2" drill bit...since I don't have a 12mm one?
May be slightly to large. Either get a 12mm bit or 31/64" bit which would be close to 12mm.

·
Registered
180 Posts
All right. I just put over two thousand miles on my KVS in the last two weeks. Rode all over the state of Oregon on back roads, single lane paved forest service roads and even a little gravel. Did exactly seven miles on the interstate. Here is what I discovered.

I had the bike loaded. Both Viking bags, rear trunk, seat bag and a tank bag. After the first two days, I realized the shock was a little too stiff. So I took a full turn out of the spring. It still had the 72 PSI air pressure as set from the factory. It made a huge difference in comfort. After riding over pot holes, dips, and multiple cattle guards the bike never bottomed out. I hit some so hard the kick stand snapped against the frame, but the shock never bottomed out and I never got hit in the back like the stock shock used to do. In other words.....buy this shock!!! Best money I have spent on my bike. Buy a 12 mm drill bit and take your time drilling out the top bushing. Well worth it.

·
Registered
2015 Vulcan S
55 Posts
All right. I just put over two thousand miles on my KVS in the last two weeks. Rode all over the state of Oregon on back roads, single lane paved forest service roads and even a little gravel. Did exactly seven miles on the interstate. Here is what I discovered.

I had the bike loaded. Both Viking bags, rear trunk, seat bag and a tank bag. After the first two days, I realized the shock was a little too stiff. So I took a full turn out of the spring. It still had the 72 PSI air pressure as set from the factory. It made a huge difference in comfort. After riding over pot holes, dips, and multiple cattle guards the bike never bottomed out. I hit some so hard the kick stand snapped against the frame, but the shock never bottomed out and I never got hit in the back like the stock shock used to do. In other words.....buy this shock!!! Best money I have spent on my bike. Buy a 12 mm drill bit and take your time drilling out the top bushing. Well worth it.
Thanks for the update. Now wishing i pulled the trigger when they were in stock.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I ordered mine last week. I'm still waiting for mine to ship out.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Got my update of August 8th.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts