Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Does anyone know, if i want to put a Vulcan classic front tire on a 900 custom will it fit? I am taking my custom and doing a bobber and thinking a fatter tire will look better then 21 inch front wheel that comes on the custom? Are the Triple Trees the same?

thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
The classic front has a smaller diameter than the custom, the largest custom to fit would be a 90 ; do a search on custom largest front tire.

If yoy want to change the rim ... dunno, spacers and disc issues may arise.

·
Registered
450 Posts
they swap right out all you need is the spacers from the wheel (all three) the forks are the exact same except the classic has chrome covers up top.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Does anyone have any pictures of this swap? I am thinking the same thing as the OP. Would love to se a pic before making a purchase.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
The fender might look funny unless you aren't going to run one.
I don't think the fender would fit anymore. You'd need to remove it and either run no fender; or install a fender from a custom.

We're talking about several inches in diameter difference on the wheels. They are nowhere near the same category.

Also; one thing to note; you'll have spoke in the back and solid in the front. Personally, I always thought the custom had the ugliest rear wheel. Looks like a glorified stamped 'steely' like your spare tire in your car. But you may want to consider swapping to either that, or another 'solid' rear wheel. Spokes in the back and solid up front might look a little funny.

·
Registered
99 Posts
they swap right out all you need is the spacers from the wheel (all three) the forks are the exact same except the classic has chrome covers up top.
Didn't know that VicFlo, but thanks for posting up that knowledge. I love my Classic set up but it's still nice to know there's that much versatility in our bikes, nice bit of info. Let's all pray for nice weather to come soon! Keep the rubber side down!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts