Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I found a very interesting Kawasaki Classic 900 LT with all the trimmings for $3500 even.
It has:
Windshield
Studded seats
Backrest
Studded leather bags
Floor boards for rider and passenger
Toe-Heel shifter
Highway pegs
"Live Free or Die" chrome cover for air filter.
it only has 1700 miles. And it's the 2008 model.
It has a nice two tone color scheme: Pearl white and light metallic gray. I think this gray color is called "peweter", but I am not sure about this name.
it is in MINT, and I mean MINT, condition. Not one scratch anywhere.
It has a clean and clear title.
is this a good buy?
The owner needs the money immediately.
let me know what you think guys.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Sounds like a great deal, make sure you test drive it
Does he have service records & is it still under warranty (w/ low miles & age-may have
bought recently)? Need to look under boards/etc to see its scratched up-know you say it's "mint".

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at it extensively. It is absolutely mint.
It starts immediately. All service records are available.
Is the Vulcan 900 a good bike?
I just sold my Vulcan 800 Classic. It was an extremely reliable bike.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I had a 07 900 Custom previously & loved it-but also added windshield/bags to make a custom LT :) the Classic LT is from all I've read a great bike many use it for long (or run around town) trips. Seems to be a workhorse like the 800 used to be/is. Only question
would be is it worth it for you to move "up" to the 900 (worth cost to be approx same bike). I don't know much about the 800 but it also seemed to be a great bike from posts. Always nice to have a newer model, assume you offset your cost by selling the 800.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sold my 2005 Vulcan 800 classic for $3400 last April.
It was a sweet bike. extremely reliable.
Where I live, we only ride 4 or 5 months a year.
When I sold my bike, it only had 3200 miles.
I have added windshield, backrest and leather bags before I sold it.
I picked it up for $3000 and spent maybe about $300 for everything.
I kept it 2 years exactly.
All in all, I ended up about even on that bike. I miss it at times.
The main advantage the 900 seems to have is fuel injection. It makes a big difference I think. But I don't know for sure.
I am waiting for input from owners of the 900.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yea, having the FI & few more horses is a no-brainer. Agree w/Chum1600, go pick it up (looks like you have almost straight swap w/your 800 $'s).

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ride an 08 Classic LT 900 and my wife rides an 05 800 classic. Both bikes cruise very easily for the riding we want to do (4000 to 6000 km per season in Canada), both get about the same milage although the 900 has a larger tank, and the 800 is probably a little peppier than the 900. Both comfortable rides and great bikes. Love the 900.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am short $200. And the guy wants $3500, not a penny less.
I am going to have a heart attack if someone else comes up with the cash before me.
I called every friend of mine. No one wants to lend me the f...ng $200. No one!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know.
An idiot owes me $1750. But he has been out of work for over 2 years now.
I don't think I will get my cash from him any time soon.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
An idiot owes me $1750. But he has been out of work for over 2 years now.
I don't think I will get my cash from him any time soon.
If you gotta ask for it back, you probably should'nt have lent it ... we all get caught, been there, done that

see if the guy will take a deposit or post dated cheque for the $200

·
Registered
224 Posts
That is a great deal for that,1700 miles hasn't even begun to break the 900 in...I just wish I would have found a deal like that before I bought my 2006 900!

·
BOTM Winner, May 2013
207 Posts
I paid $7500 for my 2010 900 Classic new. I'd have been all over that, even if I had sell my car in winter! LOVE the fuel injection. My '88 LTD 454 got expensive when the carbs needed rebuilt.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I am going to pick it up tomorrow.
The temperatures are going to be 30 or less. But as long as the streets are dry. I am game.
I am including a couple of pictures so you guys can see what it looks like.
It has stock pipes, but I have always hated loud pipes. Maybe it's an age thing.
I bought a Suzuki Intruder 1500 LC (Legendary Classic) a couple of years back from a bank in a god forsaken town of about 2000. The owner died of a cancer, and he gave it to the bank as collateral for some loans he made to pay his medical bills. The banker did not even how much it was worth. So I got it for $2400. Yes, $2400 for a 2001 Suzuki 1500 LC with 8000 miles on it. I sold it for $3200 because the pipes were just too loud. It was a sweet bike, but it was just too loud. The pipes were Vance and Hines longshots ( AKA shotgun pipes), I think. Loudest ones I have ever heard.
Some think that cruisers and loud pipes and chrome go together. I couldn't care for the pipes. It was annoying as hell. I never could start it inside my garage because it sounded like reactors of a Boeing 747 about to take off. I got rid of it more than sold it. The guy who picked it up could not believe that it was problem-free. He looked at it and handed me the cash. End of story.

Anyway, what do you think of my new ride guys?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts